KTPA Weirdness

HootyHoo

KTPA Weirdness

Post by HootyHoo » Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:19 am

Love the scenery. So much so in fact I've recently purchased all but the Athens and Vienna (as soon as I get the USA where I want it).

The only problems I've had are at KTPA. When selecting KTPA, I get "ignore" as my choice. See below.

Then when selecting an ILS runway in the GPS:

19L

19R

1L

Any ideas? Fixes?

Thanks
Kevin
martin[flytampa]
Site Admin

Re: KTPA Weirdness

Post by martin[flytampa] » Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:30 pm

How are you selecting Tampa/Ignore?

You should just type in KTPA in the Airport Code box.
Attachments
ktpa.jpg
ktpa.jpg (109.91 KiB) Viewed 4510 times
HootyHoo

Post by HootyHoo » Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:47 pm

martin[flytampa] wrote:How are you selecting Tampa/Ignore?

You should just type in KTPA in the Airport Code box.

That's exactly the way I select it. Not sure there is any other way.
george[flytampa]
Site Admin

Post by george[flytampa] » Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:53 pm

I've never seen it say 'Ignore'.

I can't really think what could be wrong. Try un-installing & see if the default airport does the same.
Make sure there's no other third part afcads for TPA installed too.
HootyHoo

Post by HootyHoo » Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:03 pm

george[flytampa] wrote:I've never seen it say 'Ignore'.

I can't really think what could be wrong. Try un-installing & see if the default airport does the same.
Make sure there's no other third part afcads for TPA installed too.

It kind of flashes (to quick for me to see) something before it says ignore. I dont have any other scenery, not even freeware, besides fly tampa airports. I'm out of town at the moment. I'll give it another look when I get home friday. It looks exactly as you posted in your pic when I make my selection. I always just type KTPA. The only thing I have different is the 2nd ZTPA file to get the bridge to show up. (only one ZTPA file in the flytampa/scenery location).
martin[flytampa]
Site Admin

Post by martin[flytampa] » Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:36 pm

ZTPA is part of the 3D bridge. It is a dummy Afcad with the airport named "Ignore". The only way I get it to show up in the location dialog is by typing in ZPTA specifically. It should not appear when typing KTPA.
HootyHoo

Post by HootyHoo » Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:08 pm

Ok..deleted ZTPA and I had Tampa Int show up instead of ignore when selecting KTPA. Good. Put back the original ZTPA and it still shows Tampa Int when selecting KTPA. Great! Bridge even shows up correctly. Not sure why that bridge gives me such fits. Sometimes it shows, sometimes it doesn't. No rhyme or reason as far as I can tell.

However, I still get the ridiculous hold patterns for each runway as listed above with the orginal ZTPA file. Is this normal behavior or is there something else I can try?

Thanks for your help.

KW

FYI, the other 2 ZTPA files I have tried are from this thread. viewtopic.php?f=20&t=4579
HootyHoo

Post by HootyHoo » Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:46 pm

Fixed this by not copying over the 2 ADEX files from the 2.1 update. I still have the old runway numbers but at least I'm not getting the ridiculous approaches anymore. :)
bsavo

Post by bsavo » Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:54 am

I also love your scenery. One problem. I use Fspassenger for my virtual Airline, the problem is it says my departure is from ZTPA not KTPA. I have tried double checking the flights but it always keeps coming back as ZTPA. Thank you Bob Savo