Tampa Rebooted v2 - Crashes P3D4

wsoeldner

Tampa Rebooted v2 - Crashes P3D4

Post by wsoeldner » Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:25 pm

Hello.
Purchased my first FlyTampa Airport the other day - installed it today and it causes P3D4 to stop responding and crash. It only affects Tampa. I load up at an airport elsewhere - no issues. I disable the Tampa scenery in the scenery library and everything (including stock Tampa) works fine.

I used the installer to install it to P3D4 - the FlyTampa libraries loaded just fine, but the airport scenery didn't load into the scenery library. I added the scenery manually in the P3D4 scenery library and it is the second entry from the top, just below the FlyTampa Object Libraries. Of note, it didn't install into the addon scenery structure but right into the P3D program directory.

Other than a bunch of Orbx, FreeMeshX, and some Megascenery there is no other addon scenery installed.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Warren
martin[flytampa]
Site Admin

Re: Tampa Rebooted v2 - Crashes P3D4

Post by martin[flytampa] » Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:03 pm

Did you also install the v4 update for KTPA? http://flytampa.org/forum5745/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=10302
wsoeldner

Post by wsoeldner » Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:21 am

That did it! Thanks Martin. Nice!
congapadre

Post by congapadre » Wed May 15, 2019 9:12 pm

I had KTPA for my FSX, but I have now migrated to P3dv4.5. P3D is on my D: drive. I am a little confused as to where to point my Fly Tampa files for install after purchase, and what I need to do after they are in. I tried an install, but it did not work . Is it just a matter of installing the V4 update? What files beside the P3D.exe file should I look for to know that I am installing in the right place. Thanks.
martin[flytampa]
Site Admin

Post by martin[flytampa] » Wed May 15, 2019 10:34 pm

Run the KTPA installer, on the directory page press browse and select your Prepar3D v4 folder. After installation is complete download this v4 update:
https://flytampa.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=10302
congapadre

Post by congapadre » Wed May 15, 2019 10:58 pm

Installed P3D on my D: . I did not create a P3D folder. There is a P3D folder on D:, but it only contains a few cabinet and installation files (plus 7 scenary files.) The .exe and .dlls for P3D are on the D: drive as individual files, but they are not in a folder. There are folders on the D: drive with some of my third party airports and a scenary folder. I could not find a Fly Tampa/airport folder on my computer. I have uninstalled twice. I did get the airport, but it was missing some jetways. The animations are working, but I literally have no parking space for the 777, and I know that was not the case in FSX. I'm sorry, maybe I am an idiot, but I had no problem installing in FSX - the program just did it. I've got to be missing something (besides my brain.)
martin[flytampa]
Site Admin

Post by martin[flytampa] » Thu May 16, 2019 9:19 am

If the airport is visible in P3D, but you don't know where the files are installed, do search for a KTPA specific file using Windows Explorer. For example, search for "KTPA_ADEX_FLYTAMPA". Whereever that file is found, thats where Tampa is installed.

The only 777 parking position at KTPA is the highest F gate from what I recall.
congapadre

Post by congapadre » Fri May 17, 2019 11:34 am

Thank you. I think you just answered my question. Appreciate the help, and have a great day.