Board index » FlyTampa » FlyTampa-Tampa-Rebooted

I have the update downloaded and ready to go, I also have version 2.4 downloaded and ready to go.

When I go to install it the installer says "Flight simulator not found, you can still install and add manually..blah blah".

Quick question, Do I install it into the main P3D v4 directory? or the addon scenery folder?

thanks!!
 martin[flytampa] (Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:44 pm)

Site Admin | Posts: 4932 | Location: Tampa/FL
The main P3D directory, it should say so on the installer and not let you select any other folder anyway.

I can't remember the exact wording as I was half asleep, but It said it could not find the flight simulator but I could still install and activate manually, just select the folder I want to install.

I think it did say main flight sim folder but this is my first foray into P3D and I want to make a few mistakes as possible, I've never had to manually activate in the P3D, these 2 are my first add-ons other then Orbx and AS4!! lol :D

Anyways it's working now, thank you Martin!!

Also after activating TIA manually and making sure it worked, I installed St Maarten the same way and it activated by itself.

It seems to be working great!! Now I just need to find a good Traffic program, I have always used MyTraffic Professional 6.0a, I'm just not that familiar with altering files to get complicated things like that to work. I may have to give it a shot though.

Here is a screen:
 martin[flytampa] (Sat Jul 01, 2017 6:30 pm)

Nice shot, its definitely installed correctly now :)

In p3dv4 I dont have any ground textures, only buildings....it seems to be using default ground..with tpa 2.4
Greg
 martin[flytampa] (Wed Jul 05, 2017 12:19 pm)

leftseat wrote:In p3dv4 I dont have any ground textures, only buildings....it seems to be using default ground..with tpa 2.4
Greg

that sounds like you're missing the patch, or its incorrectly applied.
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=10302

I don't know if this is the right place for this but let me get this right I can buy Tampa for v4.1? Also there is a patch that goes with it. If this is so then I want to buy....Thanks Mike