Downtown Buildings/Docks...

Dillon

Downtown Buildings/Docks...

Post by Dillon » Mon Sep 06, 2010 2:21 pm

Martin first off outstanding job on the scenery. My only wish with whatever update comes down the road if any is if you could add the Buffalo skyline to the scenery. Having this airport without downtown Buffalo (docks included) is a slight awkward approach when flying into the area (I know it depends on the runway). This area is void of detailed scenery anyway with the exception of the falls further north that the downtown district would complement and complete this effort. Just a suggestion to an already wonderful project. Thanks for keeping us FS9 simmers in the loop... :)
MidgeyMidget2

Re: Downtown Buildings/Docks...

Post by MidgeyMidget2 » Mon Sep 06, 2010 3:26 pm

Dillon wrote:Martin first off outstanding job on the scenery. My only wish with whatever update comes down the road if any is if you could add the Buffalo skyline to the scenery. Having this airport without downtown Buffalo (docks included) is a slight awkward approach when flying into the area (I know it depends on the runway). This area is void of detailed scenery anyway with the exception of the falls further north that the downtown district would complement and complete this effort. Just a suggestion to an already wonderful project. Thanks for keeping us FS9 simmers in the loop... :)
1. George made the scenery, not Martin.
2. This scenery was designed to work with Aerosoft US Cities X: Buffalo. To include the city of Buffalo would have lengthened time until release.
M.D.Miron

Post by M.D.Miron » Mon Sep 06, 2010 3:36 pm

MidgeyMidget2 wrote:
2. This scenery was designed to work with Aerosoft US Cities X: Buffalo. To include the city of Buffalo would have lengthened time until release.
Hi MidgeyMidget, no time no speak... :D
Proud owner of KBUF the last 3 hours. Thanks George!
I understand US cities X mean FSX, not FS9. Am I right?
Best,
Miron
MidgeyMidget2

Post by MidgeyMidget2 » Mon Sep 06, 2010 4:41 pm

M.D.Miron wrote:
MidgeyMidget2 wrote:
Hi MidgeyMidget, no time no speak... :D
Proud owner of KBUF the last 3 hours. Thanks George!
I understand US cities X mean FSX, not FS9. Am I right?
Best,
Miron
Hey Miron,

You are correct, US Cities X is a title exclusive to FSX. Just a sign that more and more development is being geared towards FSX and FS9 is now on the back-burner.
kiwiflyer

Post by kiwiflyer » Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:42 am

One possibility you have for FS9 would be to use something like Instant Scenery and add some high rises to the skyline. They wouldn't be custom-made but it would at least "fill in some of the gaps." If you don't have IA but would like that, I'd be happy to create a file for you that would add some different generic buildings to the downtown area and would email it to you.