Board index » FlyTampa » FlyTampa-Buffalo

Hello,

I encountered (and discovered a solution to) a problem I was having with the FS X Buffalo scenery I just purchased. Initially, I was missing the runway and taxiway markings similar to the problems I've noticed others have reported periodically in these forums. The only markings appearing on the runways were the arrows for the displaced thresholds and the taxiways were entirely bare.

I was about to try a reinstallation of FS X when I thought I would go back in and try a few more settings tweaks. As it turned out, adjusting the Autogen density from None to Sparse did the trick - everything suddenly showed up. I did a quick test and it seems everything works so long as the slider is not set to None.

Normally I prefer to fly with Autogen turned off as...I don't know...it's neat in a way but I've just never really cared for it with respect to the frame rate hit it causes. Is there any chance that a fix to decouple the markings from the Autogen slider setting could be published?

Great job, by the way; aside from this problem my experience with the software has been exceptional so far!
-Chris

Another thing I might add is that when the taxiway markings are visible and active, my FPS drops from 25-30 (I have it capped at 30) down to 7.5-10. I have isolated it to that; it's not the autogen, active libraries or anything like that. Not sure there's anything to do with that; I get the same on St. Maarten as well. Just FYI.

For what it's worth, I will admit my setup is a bit limited - running on a MacBook Pro via Windows 7 virtual machine, so no luxury of hardware drivers. Boot camp is not an option because it can't see my nVidia chip (thanks, Apple). I did just upgrade from XP where I was getting an average of 10-20 fps everywhere, so I'm fortunate that I even can enjoy this software now (not to mention 30+ fps everywhere else with higher settings).

Thanks!
 george[flytampa] (Tue Jan 19, 2016 5:26 pm)

Site Admin | Posts: 3311 | Location: Southampton, UK
Thanks. I don't think anyone had noticed that before. Including me.

I'll fix it in the future but its not a easy job, so it'll might have to wait till after my current project.
Running with one notch of autogen shouldn't hurt too much for now.

Sure, it seems to work well enough for now. Thanks for considering!

What is the fix for this? I have several airports missing these.
 george[flytampa] (Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:32 pm)

ASC_AirLimo wrote:What is the fix for this? I have several airports missing these.

Using P3D4? Might you just need to install the patches?

I downloaded the full versions yesterday and today. Do the full versions not include the latest patches?
 george[flytampa] (Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:56 am)

ASC_AirLimo wrote:I downloaded the full versions yesterday and today. Do the full versions not include the latest patches?

Buffalo's installer doesn't include the P3D4 patch yet.

Where can I download the patches for KBUF, CYUL and CYYZ?
 george[flytampa] (Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:17 pm)

Airports look much nicer. Thank you