JUST bought it!

VetteHead

JUST bought it!

Post by VetteHead » Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:07 pm

Hello, new to the forum. I just today bought and installed and then patched Logan.

Amazing.

I grew up there. I lived in Winthrop for 20 years before traveling the world with the Air Force then working for DAL.

The level of detail is amazing. You ever fly around that red, white, and blue water tower? I remember when they painted it. Everyone wanted a huge Budweiser can!

Anyway, what I would like to know is did they include any LPV approaches because I fly the Flight 1 Cessna Citation Mustang and it can fly some awesome approaches in GPS LPV mode.

Are there any more patches or things I should do?

Thanks and great job!

Paul
Acezboy

Post by Acezboy » Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:15 pm

Glad your enjoying it! Just keep checking back on the forum for the latest patches.
VetteHead

Post by VetteHead » Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:18 pm

Thanks, so does that mean I am up to speed? I have it patched to V 3.1, and I noticed the fort add-on, I installed it and it's a beauty.

Still haven't had a chance to try any LPV approaches that's why I asked. Been too busy all day.

Paul
Acezboy

Post by Acezboy » Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:29 pm

Yup, you are up to speed!
MidgeyMidget2

Post by MidgeyMidget2 » Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:35 pm

Winthrop, eh? Lucky you getting to see the planes coming in every day. I live about 25 minutes to the west along the Pike so I only get to see the planes at at least 6k feet, or thereabouts (usually a lot higher than that but occasionally they'll be coming over low).
Acezboy

Post by Acezboy » Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:30 am

Haha, I live approx. 70km from YSSY at my school you can see the planes about 2000feet on approach.
VetteHead

Post by VetteHead » Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:43 am

Yup, in Winthrop and this is the honest to God's truth, you can look it up, we couldn't fly kites because those 747's came in SO low they would ingest one!

AND, every year some kids would always get busted shooting bottle rockets INTO the engines of planes on the 4th of July!

I have trillions of pictures of planes. I live for aviation.

I knew from when I was a little kid that I wanted to be part of it all.

So I joined the AF, went on to DAL, fixed them and flew them too. From small GA planes to hot air balloons. You know how it is or you would not be reading this, it is in our blood my friends. Aviation is like a drug.

I would not have worked on boats, cars, tanks, bikes, you name it, just planes because they fly. I mean I have seen literally hundreds of thousands of planes take off and land in 28 years of aviation. And I NEVER get tired of seeing a gigantic 747 actually take off, a huge lumbering giant making a graceful exit from terra firma STILL thrills me.

Unlike ATL where I worked and retired Logan sees MANY more big jets. Logan was UGLY with 747's, they were like cockroaches. LOL!

I remember my grandmother taking me to the very end of the runway and we would be looking UP at the T tails of the Eastern "Whisper Jet" 727's. I always called them "whale tails" because the tail looks like a whale's tail flukes.

The 727 wasn't called the whisper jet because it was quiet OUTSIDE, it was a loud beast, but you could supposedly whisper INSIDE he cabin, granted you had to be in 1st but you could.

I still fly with DAL as a non-rev and can for life so I have been blessed with that.

It all started in a little town called Winthrop who would NEVER, despite MILLIONS of dollars offered by Logan to expand give itself away to an airport.

Sorry for the musings, but I can't help it.

Again, if Logan looks so good and it does, then expect me to be buying more Fly Tampa products!

Great job. :wink:
Acezboy

Post by Acezboy » Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:50 am

If you still have a love for GA, go for the Grenadines: http://flytampa.org/grenadines_iframe.html

Martin did a great job on it :) George made Boston Logan.
george[flytampa]
Site Admin

Post by george[flytampa] » Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:02 pm

Thanks paul. I enjoyed the musings.

I lived in Boston, errr Cambridge for 3 years. I wish id gone to Winthrop now. I used to sneak up the top of Terminal Bs carpark for my reference shoots.
VetteHead

Post by VetteHead » Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:35 pm

Thank you. I was hoping the mod didn't move it or delete it. I just wanted to share what I lived through.

For anyone who wants to get some great pix, Winthrop is THE place. Just find your way to Shirley Avenue. You could swim across the channel to Logan and the planes are so low on approach you will be amazed.

Logan actually had to spend millions to soundproof the houses as Winthrop was there first.

There have even been cases where tires took out some chimneys!

LOL