FS9?

MidgeyMidget2

Post by MidgeyMidget2 » Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:17 pm

Acezboy wrote:Like ive pointed out on many forums, we dont need a new FS. FSX is perfect, look at what Real Enviroment Xtreme and Orbx have done. Aswell as PMDG and Level D.
FSX is perfect provided you have the right technology and addons.

I think eventually FSX will be the sole Microsoft made flight sim that will be used but it will take some time. Aces, for some reason, decided to make a product that was well ahead of the equipment most people had when it was released giving it a bad rap that stuck. Who knows, maybe the wanted longevity out of it because they knew their fate? lol
Mage

Post by Mage » Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:47 am

Necroposting ....

I used to fly a considerable amount in the Grenadines (IRL) and am stuck with a rig that runs FS9 well enough but can't deal with FSX's excesses, so yes, there are some frustrated FS9 users out there (probably more than a few). Since I can no longer afford to update a computer just for a flight simulation program (not to mention the heartache of losing some older addons I still love) I also have to do without a favourite flying playground from my past.

I suppose I still have the movies I made (45-degree final at Canefield - to the numbers!) and turning the aircraft at the "top" of the Mustique runway for departure, or flying past the crane situated on the centreline on short finals at Canouan when the runway extension was starting (1998), plus several other good memories of unconventional approaches at Union Island and Bequia "beckwee" (based out of George Charles). But yes, I'd love to fly those again, for "almost" real (in FS9 and FSX there'd be none of the vicious downdrafts from the terrain in the 30-35kt easterly trade winds and none of the serious turbulence from the passage of those winds over 4000ft peaks, and none of the semi-permanent orographic cloud that sits on most of the peaks for most of the year).

How about, instead of criticising me for sticking with FS9, a $10 donation towards a new rig just so I can run "Grenadines". If I get enough sniping, maybe I can get a decent fund going! :D No? Okay, I'll stick with my hope for now.
nickac1092

Re: FS9?

Post by nickac1092 » Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:57 pm

Wow.... I was looking forward to buying this scenery. Its all because stupid A** FSX has more coding room than FS9. Im never going to use FSX because this next simulator, Microsft Flight will be alot better. Il just wait for FlyTampa to remake their scenery for FS11. It will finally be nice to taxi over traffic on a bridge in FS11 at several aiports like Minneapolis (tunnels under several runways), Dallas Ft. Worth (all 6 bridges over freeways!) and Tampa going over a freeway again. And the weather will look legit and the water too. Cant wait!
skydvdan

Post by skydvdan » Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:39 pm

nickac1092 wrote:Wow.... I was looking forward to buying this scenery. Its all because stupid A** FSX has more coding room than FS9. Im never going to use FSX because this next simulator, Microsft Flight will be alot better. Il just wait for FlyTampa to remake their scenery for FS11. It will finally be nice to taxi over traffic on a bridge in FS11 at several aiports like Minneapolis (tunnels under several runways), Dallas Ft. Worth (all 6 bridges over freeways!) and Tampa going over a freeway again. And the weather will look legit and the water too. Cant wait!
We already have that stuff in FSX.
nickac1092

Post by nickac1092 » Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:45 pm

well now that i found out the news about Microsft flight and you also seen what im going to do in 4.5 months Skydvdan, i might as well wait to get this new computer and save up some extra money for scenery...
skydvdan

Post by skydvdan » Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:14 pm

nickac1092 wrote:Im never going to use FSX because...
Never say never I guess. :)
mrward

Post by mrward » Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:00 pm

Alot of people do not realize that ACES believed that we would have standard 4-8 core processors at speeds of 4.2-4.5 STOCK by 2010-2011. Which proves we are getting there but slowly boys and girls, give it six more months and these CPU's will become cheap enough, if you are looking for one to buy RIGHT NOW, get this: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6819106009

DO NOT BUY AN INTEL CPU unless you can afford to upgrade your system every year looking at around $400 to $900 each year on just a new mobo and CPU from Intel. If you are in a tight budget, go AMD CPU! They are cheap, and well run extremely well for the price, you get more for each dollar you spend compared to an Intel.

Sorry to break it to you Intel fanboys, but AMD is the way of the future.
nickac1092

Post by nickac1092 » Sun Aug 11, 2013 8:22 pm

[quote="mrward"]Alot of people do not realize that ACES believed that we would have standard 4-8 core processors at speeds of 4.2-4.5 STOCK by 2010-2011. Which proves we are getting there but slowly boys and girls, give it six more months and these CPU's will become cheap enough, if you are looking for one to buy RIGHT NOW, get this: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6819106009

DO NOT BUY AN INTEL CPU unless you can afford to upgrade your system every year looking at around $400 to $900 each year on just a new mobo and CPU from Intel. If you are in a tight budget, go AMD CPU! They are cheap, and well run extremely well for the price, you get more for each dollar you spend compared to an Intel.

Sorry to break it to you Intel fanboys, but AMD is the way of the future.[/quote]

AMD? What a laughing stock. Their stuff is shit. Why? I tried it and wasn't satisfied. Look at my signature. I get 100FPS + at times on max settings. FSX: Yes I started using it just abit but still a FS9 user, I get 60FPS +. I didn't get all that hardware just for FS. I play other games as well. FS9 and FSX is only a warmup for the hardware [(as in low temps like 130 ºF- high 40s to low 50s ºC) GPU: 130s (same as CPU basically)]. All other games, I get higher temps. And there isn't a need to constantly upgrade every year unless you want too and have a budget for it. I can go 6 yrs or more with this hardware before im upgrading. And you forget that FS9 and FSX ARENT coded to use all the hardware. 2 cores at most and 1 GPU. So you will see crap frames compaired to other games that take advantage of hardware.