Board index » FlyTampa » FlyTampa-KaiTak

Post
 martin[flytampa] (Sat Jul 21, 2018 6:31 pm)

Site Admin | Posts: 5201 | Location: Tampa/FL
http://www.flytampa.org/dwl/FlyTampa_KaiTak_20_P3D.exe

- Added SODE jetways
- Added safegates
- Completely recompiled using P3Dv4 SDK
- Improved loading time
- Updated ground polys using ZBias method
- Updated ground pavement textures
- Updated ground markings
- Updated IGS 13 Lighting/Halos
- Added 3D grasses
- Added rain/Wet FX
- Added dynamic lighting
- Added "Low-Visibility" Airport Lighting option
- Added static GA aircraft
- Updated night textures
- Installer uses add-ons.xml method
- Installation is self-contained and can be moved elsewhere after installation
Post
 stewamar (Sun Jul 22, 2018 4:34 am)

Posts: 8
G'day Martin,

THANK YOU over and over!!!!! This is amazing to have VHHX back online!

Flawless update and loading and the scenery is brilliant.

Regards, Martin YBLT
Post
 edpatino (Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:06 pm)

Posts: 17
Thanks for the update!
Installation instructions for those who have a previous version?. Do we need to uninstall the existing one first?.
Cheers, Ed
Post
 KingMusjo (Sun Jul 22, 2018 11:24 pm)

Posts: 43
edpatino wrote:Thanks for the update!
Installation instructions for those who have a previous version?. Do we need to uninstall the existing one first?.
Cheers, Ed


I'm not sure I understand your question?! The previous version didn't work for P3Dv4, did it?
In any case, I would advice to uninstall and completely remove existing and previous versions before installing 2.0.
Post
 jean-claude (Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:29 am)

Posts: 8
KingMusjo wrote:I'm not sure I understand your question?! The previous version didn't work for P3Dv4, did it?


The previous version did work in P3Dv4, I used it not later than yesterday with PMDG 744 and numerous times before...

But this new version will undoubtedly be better since it was designed to be for P3Dv4!
Thank you FlyTampa for making an excellent scenery (the best in my humble view) even better.
Post
 Tokitaumelie (Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:54 am)

Posts: 14
Thank you FlyTampa for the update
Post
 stewamar (Mon Jul 23, 2018 4:52 am)

Posts: 8
G'day again Martin,

top job with the inclusion of the TH VOR!
The approaches (and missed approaches will be even more true to historical charts.

Also for what its worth, I did not uninstall the previous version, just installed over the top of the old one (same default folder).

Regards, Martin YBLT
Post
 Sam Arnold (Mon Jul 23, 2018 6:10 am)

Posts: 46
Hi team,

Just downloaded the update from SimMarket.
What's this file for? FlyTampa_KaiTak_FSX_P3D_13
Post
 LH475 (Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:56 am)

Posts: 6
So what exactly is the proper procedure to install this update?

Cheers for the rework, btw!
Post
 edpatino (Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:25 am)

Posts: 17
KingMusjo wrote:
edpatino wrote:Thanks for the update!
Installation instructions for those who have a previous version?. Do we need to uninstall the existing one first?.
Cheers, Ed


I'm not sure I understand your question?! The previous version didn't work for P3Dv4, did it?
In any case, I would advice to uninstall and completely remove existing and previous versions before installing 2.0.


Yes, it did!, and it's the one I have installed in P3Dv4.2
Cheers, Ed
Post
 edpatino (Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:27 am)

Posts: 17
LH475 wrote:So what exactly is the proper procedure to install this update?

Cheers for the rework, btw!


I think it's better to uninstall any existing version first, as this is a whole new version for P3Dv4, but I had the same question and hopefully someone at FT could take note and always issue a short note about install/re-install procedures in general.
Cheers, Ed
Post
 747rufus (Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:32 am)

Posts: 3
Great scenery - but how can it be used with PMDG 744v3 using Navigraph 1808rev1 ? Which flight planning tools or sites can be used as no flight planner using the last AIRAC knows anything about VHHX :-( So the scenery basically can't be used properly which a shame for such a great project.
Cheers Baz
Post
 747rufus (Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:53 am)

Posts: 3
Would it be to program out of/into VHHH and then just change to VXXX ? The FMC does actually recognize VHHX with SIDS and STARS, but it's not possible to include them in a company route. I am sure lots of users will have this problem...
Post
 LH475 (Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:46 am)

Posts: 6
747rufus wrote:Great scenery - but how can it be used with PMDG 744v3 using Navigraph 1808rev1 ? Which flight planning tools or sites can be used as no flight planner using the last AIRAC knows anything about VHHX :-( So the scenery basically can't be used properly which a shame for such a great project.
Cheers Baz


If you use navigraph, you should already have the kai tak procedures.