SXM/TNCM Preview 2

skydvdan

Post by skydvdan » Sat Feb 10, 2007 7:52 pm

Manny wrote:I know.. I am going to get beaten up for this...But, what the heck.. let me go ahead...anyway!

:P

I hope to get the FSX version of this scenery..rather than the FS9 version. Yes.. I still fly FS9 a lot. But even the default FSX version of ST Marteen is very good. I can't go back to the FS9 version and FS9 water anymore. Also the the Fly Tampa St Marteen for FSX has custom runway texture.

Hopefully, This scenery comes with the St.Barths as well. so we can fly between the two airports.

8)

Manny
Since you apparently want to get beat up....Why must you always bring up FSX? For this scenery the only thing that FSX has over FS9 is the FSX water and since it hits frames I'm not that excited about anything FSX. Btw, the FS9 version, the real version, comes with custom runway textures.
paavo

Post by paavo » Sat Feb 10, 2007 9:54 pm

Manny wrote:I know.. I am going to get beaten up for this...But, what the heck.. let me go ahead...anyway!

:P

I hope to get the FSX version of this scenery..rather than the FS9 version. Yes.. I still fly FS9 a lot. But even the default FSX version of ST Marteen is very good. I can't go back to the FS9 version and FS9 water anymore. Also the the Fly Tampa St Marteen for FSX has custom runway texture.

Hopefully, This scenery comes with the St.Barths as well. so we can fly between the two airports.

8)

Manny
You can enjoy the fancy water, and we will enjoy the good fps. There is replacement water for FS9, not as good as FSX water, but much better than the default FS9 water. Give credit to Martin for making all of us happy.
han_solo2001

Post by han_solo2001 » Sun Feb 11, 2007 5:49 am

ShamirF wrote:I need THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! what would the price be?
I'd say, EUR 18.00 just like the other FT sceneries :P
mozart

Post by mozart » Sun Feb 11, 2007 1:53 pm

George & Martin

Great work, as always.

Just to follow up on one question already posted further up by someone else, but withuot any answer yet: would St. Barth be included in the pack? I know it's an altogether different airport on an altogether different island belonging to an altogether different country, BUT: if people like TNCM because of the challenging approach, the must go crazy for TFFJ! Compared to St. Barth, St. Maarten is a piece of cake and beginners' stuff.

If it isn't included, I'll probably won't wait for this release but buy the one from France VFR instead, as it includes St. Barth. Sure, their TNCM is not as nice as yours, but at least I can fly between the two islands. If your scenery has St. Barth, then I am happy to wait for another couple of weeks!

Cheers

Chris
cdightman

Post by cdightman » Sun Feb 11, 2007 3:14 pm

There is a pretty nice freeware version of St. Barths out there by Delblond Christian. On Avsim (st-barth.zip) and a mesh that goes with it (st.barths_2004.zip) that creates the famous approach.

I'm planning on waiting for FlyTampa anyway because of the quality of their previous scenery. If they include St. Barths that's a bonus...if not the above files are very nice (obviously not FlyTampa nice :P....but, what is?) and allow flights between the two airports that are very satisfying.
martin[flytampa]
Site Admin

Post by martin[flytampa] » Sun Feb 11, 2007 3:42 pm

Mozart: I do not know the answer as far as Barts being part of the TNCM release or if it will become an extra release later on. Including Barts will obviously delay the release as a whole and many want TNCM asap. The same is true even more for Saba. The fact that I will be releasing a St. Barts with or after TNCM is certain tho. If I release it after, it won't be long after because it is around 80% complete (while TNCM is 95%).

Without wanting to sound arrogant, if you want to get "kick" when flying over that hill at Barts, you will need our scenery anyway. I say that simply because we would never release our stuff unless it is a whole lot better then whatever else is currently available for a given location.
mozart

Post by mozart » Sun Feb 11, 2007 6:39 pm

martin[flytampa] wrote:Mozart: I do not know the answer as far as Barts being part of the TNCM release or if it will become an extra release later on. Including Barts will obviously delay the release as a whole and many want TNCM asap. The same is true even more for Saba. The fact that I will be releasing a St. Barts with or after TNCM is certain tho. If I release it after, it won't be long after because it is around 80% complete (while TNCM is 95%).

Without wanting to sound arrogant, if you want to get "kick" when flying over that hill at Barts, you will need our scenery anyway. I say that simply because we would never release our stuff unless it is a whole lot better then whatever else is currently available for a given location.
martin, you don't sound arrogant, don't worry. As I said, I am happy to wait for your scenery since I expect it to be better than the France VFR one. I am sure I'll get the kick. I've flown many many times to St. Barth in real life, so Delblond's freeware was a big step forward, France VFR's scenery was like a dream come true, and now having it from flytampa - well, I never even dreamed that.

In any case, I hope that all of those that want SXM badly will also venture out to St. Barth, as that is a real challenge!

Keep up the good work!
Delta777

Post by Delta777 » Mon Feb 12, 2007 4:57 pm

martin[flytampa] wrote: Without wanting to sound arrogant, if you want to get "kick" when flying over that hill at Barts, you will need our scenery anyway. I say that simply because we would never release our stuff unless it is a whole lot better then whatever else is currently available for a given location.
And thats why I love FlyTampa. I don't need any previews to know that FlyTampa products will blow my mind!!
Jacek

Post by Jacek » Mon Feb 12, 2007 5:42 pm

This scenery sucks, like any other FT product. :x

Give me ORD for Christs sakes. :x :x :x :x
WEAJHD

Post by WEAJHD » Mon Feb 12, 2007 6:18 pm

I truly cant wait till this scenery is released, been drooling over this one ever since i saw the first screenies months ago. All my destinations will probably be TNCM for a while after this hits the shelves :)
Awol

Post by Awol » Mon Feb 12, 2007 6:32 pm

This is killing me. :D Looking great!

Two questions:

1. The spotting possiblities are endless with this. Now don't laugh, but would it be possible to park a small vehicle by the pool to virtual spot?

2. The "sewage water" beyond the airport is the same in default also. Is that the way it really looks?

Thanks, and really can't wait for this. Please consider Saba also. :)
skydvdan

Post by skydvdan » Mon Feb 12, 2007 7:53 pm

Jacek wrote:This scenery sucks, like any other FT product. :x
You're joking right? I feel like I'm in the audience of Michael Richard's standup routine. :|
WEAJHD

Post by WEAJHD » Mon Feb 12, 2007 7:57 pm

I find it kinda strange claiming that all FT products suck and then request KORD in the FT forums :P

Kinda self contradictory, anyway.. i strongly disagree with the statement that all FT scenerys suck
f15pilotaf

Post by f15pilotaf » Mon Feb 12, 2007 8:00 pm

skydvdan wrote:
Jacek wrote:This scenery sucks, like any other FT product. :x
You're joking right? I feel like I'm in the audience of Michael Richard's standup routine. :|
LMAO. I think simflyers makes an excellent ORD just for you :D :)