SXM/TNCM Preview 2

gunsontheroof

Post by gunsontheroof » Sat Feb 10, 2007 12:56 am

M & G,

I don't suppose the beach-goers we've seen in previous shots are animated in such a way that they move around...? They seem to be absent in this shot...

Also, a virtual bar (with virtual whiskey sours please!) on the beach would be a nice addition.
martin[flytampa]
Site Admin

Post by martin[flytampa] » Sat Feb 10, 2007 1:11 am

Guns: About animations. I am not 100% sure yet what I will still do and change, but right now it looks like I will leave most or all 3D people as static (although they were modeled with animation in mind and could be easily animated).

The reason is that some other "bigger" (visible) features have been added instead... and performance is at a level which I consider good (like other recent sceneries), but I do not want to drag it down more then that.

This other "bigger" stuff includes a whole fleet of 100 animated ships (from the small windsurfer in the shot to a Carnival "Spirit") & wave and jet-blast "sandstorm" effects at Maho beach. This stuff is looking quite cool and is imo worth more then the people animations I had planned.
paavo

Post by paavo » Sat Feb 10, 2007 1:28 am

gunsontheroof wrote: Also, a virtual bar (with virtual whiskey sours please!) on the beach would be a nice addition.
Whiskey sours ? This isn't Alabama, we need margaritas made with Don Julio Anejo tequila ( none of that Cuervo garbage ).
gunsontheroof

Post by gunsontheroof » Sat Feb 10, 2007 4:21 am

martin[flytampa] wrote:This other "bigger" stuff includes a whole fleet of 100 animated ships (from the small windsurfer in the shot to a Carnival "Spirit") & wave and jet-blast "sandstorm" effects at Maho beach. This stuff is looking quite cool and is imo worth more then the people animations I had planned.
Rad. Can't wait.
paavo wrote:
gunsontheroof wrote: Also, a virtual bar (with virtual whiskey sours please!) on the beach would be a nice addition.
Whiskey sours ? This isn't Alabama, we need margaritas made with Don Julio Anejo tequila ( none of that Cuervo garbage ).
I respect your position, but I don't do tequila.
Delta777

Post by Delta777 » Sat Feb 10, 2007 4:37 am

George your last screenshot started a little discussion in a german forum, because we would like to know in which FS the last shot was made. :?

Thanks for any information. :)
BodoM

Post by BodoM » Sat Feb 10, 2007 5:10 am

Delta777 wrote:George your last screenshot started a little discussion in a german forum, because we would like to know in which FS the last shot was made. :?

Thanks for any information. :)
Looks like FS9 with Real Environment Professional...I use this texture enhancement aswell and my water looks the same :-)
paavo

Post by paavo » Sat Feb 10, 2007 5:15 am

gunsontheroof wrote: I respect your position, but I don't do tequila.
Understood, as I don't do whiskey, so it's margaritas and whiskey sours on the beach.
martin[flytampa]
Site Admin

Post by martin[flytampa] » Sat Feb 10, 2007 5:26 am

Delta777 wrote:George your last screenshot started a little discussion in a german forum, because we would like to know in which FS the last shot was made. :?
It's FS9 and RealEnvPro (the dark waterset I belive). The land textures in the foreground are custom and the island in the backgrund is photoscenery.

Attached the same view of the FSX version with what many people call "FS9-style" slider settings
(not we agree these or any other setting make it look like FS9).

The stuff thats missing in the FSX shot hasn't been compiled yet and sorry for the hideous bubblebath water in the the foreground, not my fault.
Attachments
fsx_settings.jpg
fsx_settings.jpg (86.43 KiB) Viewed 11242 times
fsx_water_low1.jpg
fsx_water_low1.jpg (183.29 KiB) Viewed 11242 times
AaronMyers

Post by AaronMyers » Sat Feb 10, 2007 8:15 am

Looks fantastic as always guys. My question is has it been tested for compatibility with any other add-ons such as Flight1's Islands of the West Indies? I'd sacrifice it for this scenery, but just curious.

Thanks for the hard work!
martin[flytampa]
Site Admin

Post by martin[flytampa] » Sat Feb 10, 2007 8:59 am

AaronMyers wrote:tested for compatibility with any other add-ons such as Flight1's Islands of the West Indies?
Not tested, don't have it.
paavo

Post by paavo » Sat Feb 10, 2007 12:59 pm

AaronMyers wrote:Looks fantastic as always guys. My question is has it been tested for compatibility with any other add-ons such as Flight1's Islands of the West Indies? I'd sacrifice it for this scenery, but just curious.

Thanks for the hard work!
I have Islands of the West Indies, I doubt it would be compatable. If you find the right bgl's you should be able to disable this island so you can keep the rest. IWI is honestly an outdated product, not bad, but it's very fs2002 looking. I suppose there could be a problem with the coastlines, I plan on uninstalling IWI when this comes out.
han_solo2001

Post by han_solo2001 » Sat Feb 10, 2007 1:28 pm

Where are the bikini babes? :? Hehehe, great shot :twisted: Awesome scenery, woohoo!
ShamirF

Post by ShamirF » Sat Feb 10, 2007 5:04 pm

I need THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! what would the price be?
Manny

Post by Manny » Sat Feb 10, 2007 5:41 pm

I know.. I am going to get beaten up for this...But, what the heck.. let me go ahead...anyway!

:P

I hope to get the FSX version of this scenery..rather than the FS9 version. Yes.. I still fly FS9 a lot. But even the default FSX version of ST Marteen is very good. I can't go back to the FS9 version and FS9 water anymore. Also the the Fly Tampa St Marteen for FSX has custom runway texture.

Hopefully, This scenery comes with the St.Barths as well. so we can fly between the two airports.

8)

Manny