Ground texture flicker

Chok

Ground texture flicker

Post by Chok » Thu Dec 17, 2015 3:18 pm

Hello Flytampa

I started seeing this bug after installing V2.7 (i think it was there in 2.6 but i am not 100%)

I keep seeing texture flickering/overlapping (textures swapping very quickly from one to another) at the spots shown in the pictures.

https://i.gyazo.com/12e6179c05b0b97a0db ... 2f1800.jpg
https://i.gyazo.com/c2f3108a5c68bd6d223 ... db7d9c.jpg

I have attempted to turn snow drift and deice trucks off in the FT config, i tried all seasonal textures. and to change various settings in the sim none of those giving a result.

Addons: FSX Vector, FTX Global, Ezdok, Flytampa Vienna V2.7, Aerosoft Airbus, ASN, REX4.
I run P3D V3 on Windows 10 64 bit. my texture filtering set to 8, resolution max, mesh 10, and detail high 2048.

i tried placing Vienna on different levels in the scenery library without any result.

The problem appears on some spots in FT Copenhagen after updating to V1.4 but it gets resolved in CPH by switching off snow drift in the configurator. (can be seen in my sim in the intersection between taxiway A and runway 30) but that doesn't work in vienna.

Regards Frederik.
martin[flytampa]
Site Admin

Re: Ground texture flicker

Post by martin[flytampa] » Fri Dec 18, 2015 10:12 pm

this only happens at night? see if disabling this files makes a difference:
/FlyTampa/Vienna/scenery/loww_floodlights_grd.bgl
Chok

Post by Chok » Sat Dec 19, 2015 9:02 am

martin[flytampa] wrote:this only happens at night? see if disabling this files makes a difference:
Hello Martin

No it also happens during the day.

Disabling that file did not solve the problem.
Chok

Post by Chok » Tue Dec 29, 2015 8:13 am

martin[flytampa] wrote:this only happens at night? see if disabling this files makes a difference:
Any update on this?
martin[flytampa]
Site Admin

Post by martin[flytampa] » Tue Dec 29, 2015 11:57 pm

No, I have no idea what this could be based off your screenshot. Will have to see if any other users report something as well.
darrentoogood991

Post by darrentoogood991 » Mon Jan 04, 2016 7:34 am

Hello,

I have seen the same flickers. I see them as i approach to the runway. Using P3d v3 with Nvidia drivers. I did not notice the flickering whilst taxiing past the terminal only as i approached runway 11.

I was watching a youtube video yesterday of the pmdg777 from LOWW to OMDB and i saw the same ground flickering. I cant find the youtube video at this time but i can confirm i have seen the same flickers.
darrentoogood991

Post by darrentoogood991 » Tue Jan 05, 2016 7:47 am

Ok today i looked at this again. I was seeing flickers even at the parking spot. Using a PMDG777 with ezdock if i panned any external view the ground textures around my position flickered.

I went into the config and disabled every setting. Reloaded the sim and no more flickers.

Suspecting it might be the apron halo fx i re-enabled everything except this. Loaded the sim. No flickering.

Went back and to check i enabled the apron halo fx. Loaded the sim and expected to see flickering. No flickering!

I wonder if resetting all the settings to off and then on fixed the problem. I will keep an eye on the problem to see if the flickering comes back.
Chok

Post by Chok » Tue Jan 05, 2016 10:41 am

darrentoogood991 wrote:Ok today i looked at this again. I was seeing flickers even at the parking spot. Using a PMDG777 with ezdock if i panned any external view the ground textures around my position flickered.

I went into the config and disabled every setting. Reloaded the sim and no more flickers.

Suspecting it might be the apron halo fx i re-enabled everything except this. Loaded the sim. No flickering.

Went back and to check i enabled the apron halo fx. Loaded the sim and expected to see flickering. No flickering!

I wonder if resetting all the settings to off and then on fixed the problem. I will keep an eye on the problem to see if the flickering comes back.
I gave this a go with no positive result, i tested this in the default P3D aircraft. also with Ezdok.
martin[flytampa]
Site Admin

Post by martin[flytampa] » Tue Jan 05, 2016 2:45 pm

If you can, see where these flickers occur... only near terminals or all over the airport even down by rwy 34.
Chok

Post by Chok » Tue Jan 05, 2016 5:06 pm

martin[flytampa] wrote:If you can, see where these flickers occur... only near terminals or all over the airport even down by rwy 34.
I just went over the scenery and i am only able to find the overlapping/flickering at the spots shown in the pictures above, if you require a video showing it in more detail i'll provide it.
Nepomuk

Post by Nepomuk » Sat Jan 30, 2016 1:37 pm

I got the same issue in frot of the F-Gates using P3DV3.1 and Vienna 2.7:
loww.jpg
loww.jpg (197.5 KiB) Viewed 7458 times
Addons:
Mesh FS Global 2010,ORBX Global Base, ORBX Global Vector, ORBX LC EU

Regards
Nepo
Chok

Post by Chok » Mon Mar 14, 2016 10:09 am

The problem is still present in P3D V3.2.
gianluk81

Post by gianluk81 » Thu Apr 14, 2016 8:17 am

Hi i have same problem...
P3D 3.1 with only FTX Global+OpenLC
Chok

Post by Chok » Thu May 05, 2016 4:15 pm

Hello

There have been quite a few reports on this problem, is this something you would consider looking into by now?

i have made some footage of it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFYXTShpNac
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REbGNgSClkk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-V1Ty8HQRo