LOWW Rwy Lights (Again)

Terblanche

LOWW Rwy Lights (Again)

Post by Terblanche » Fri Jul 03, 2020 4:27 pm

The runways lights at LOWW are little dimmers of candle light that is hardly visible when standing still on runway ... on approach you can't see a thing. The centre green taxi lights are visible from afar, the blue taxiway lights are also very dimmed.

There are quite a few posts in this regard but none of the suggestions worked for me. Yes, fthalos1.lua is in the Scripts folder and yes the add-on.xml** is correct
**what a brilliant way by LM to make sure we now have a thousand folders for P3D scattered all over your hard drive.

The latest version of LOWW is installed on P3D4.5 (HF3)
martin[flytampa]
Site Admin

Re: LOWW Rwy Lights (Again)

Post by martin[flytampa] » Mon Jul 06, 2020 1:07 am

Can you post a screenshot so i can see how dim they are compare to the green centerlights.

Also, when you temporarily remove the texture files:
Vienna\scripts\texture\loww_fthalos1ONE.dds
Vienna\scripts\texture\loww_fthalos1ONE_lm.dds
Do you still see dim lights or nothing at all?
Terblanche

Re: LOWW Rwy Lights (Again)

Post by Terblanche » Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:40 am

How on Earth did LOWW know that I'm on my way to take a screenshot because suddenly ALL the runway lights are ON ... and that after dozens of flights in and out of LOWW the last month.
... nothing has change on my rig (accept a PC restart due to Windows updates) and no settings were changed either.

ANYWAY - they are on now and if it happens again, then I'll take a screenshot and post it.

Very very strange. But then again, we live in strange times.