Board index » FlyTampa » FlyTampa-Vienna

I just downloaded the new 2.8 version LOWW and replaced the v2.0 version with clean install. EXE. does not load
the scenery properly. It does n ot add a uninstall file and puts things in the wrong place which in turn crashes my simulator every time . when I take it out all is well. From the screen shot you can see non of the other airports look this way when loaded properly. What is the solution ??

ss (2018-02-11 at 09.03.32).png
ss (2018-02-11 at 09.03.32).png (28 KiB) Viewed 1256 times

ss (2018-02-11 at 09.03.32).png
ss (2018-02-11 at 09.03.32).png (28 KiB) Viewed 1256 times
ss (2018-02-11 at 09.04.18).png
ss (2018-02-11 at 09.04.18).png (17.82 KiB) Viewed 1256 times
 martin[flytampa] (Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:54 am)

Site Admin | Posts: 5125 | Location: Tampa/FL
The folder structure of your Vienna installation looks correct, with the files add-on.xml etc where you have the red arrow. If LOWW isn't loading in P3D, first make sure you have P3Dv4 as the new version 2.8 is for V4 only and won't work in V3 and below. Next, look at the manual in the /Doc folder and see how the Scenery needs to be added to the P3D library.

Your Toronto folder looks correct as well, but it is not the latest version. The latest version of Toronto 1.3 which you can download on the P3D thread in this forum, once installed, will look exactly like the Vienna folder.

I dont see the effects folder or script folder in any other airport folder. I loaded it 2x I have P3Dv4 as you can see from the photo. every time I start my sim. it crashes with the new 2.8 LOWW. When I take it out the Sim. runs fine.
There is something terribly wrong here. It does not look correct. Why does it not load all the files in there prospective places? Also I know how to load scenery I have been designing scenery for years ,not new at this. loading the 2.0 version all works well. can it be the exe. ??? Also it does not load the uninstall file any where. Did you look at the photo closely it loads the library uninstall that is located in another folder completely. All other airports have the uninstall with in there own folder. That recommendation was not helpful............
 martin[flytampa] (Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:00 pm)

Our new P3Dv4 versions, which currently are only Vienna 2.8 and Toronto 1.3, have a different folder structure from previous FSX/V3 versions. They no longer have uninstallers because they are self contained folders that you just delete, they no longer install items into other folders P3D/effects etc.

For them to run properly, they need to be added to the add-ons.cfg, no longer the scenery.cfg.

When you say it crashes, does it crash while loading, or does it crash once you're at the airport? If you get to load the airport completely, but you say it does not look correct, can you post a screenshot of the airport?

Also, you may want to load this file in notepad: p3dv4/flytampa/vienna/add-on.xml
If the content does not look like the following it may not work. There are some "addon managers" that if used, may damage the content of the file:

Code: Select all
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<SimBase.Document Type="AddOnXml" version="4,0" id="add-on">
    <AddOn.Name>FlyTampa-Vienna</AddOn.Name>
    <AddOn.Description>Vienna Schwechat International Airport for Prepar3D</AddOn.Description>
    <AddOn.Component>
        <Category>Scripts</Category>
        <Path>scripts</Path>
    </AddOn.Component>
    <AddOn.Component>
        <Category>Effects</Category>
        <Path>effects</Path>
    </AddOn.Component>
    <AddOn.Component>
        <Category>Scenery</Category>
        <Path>scenery</Path>
        <Name>FlyTampa-Vienna</Name>
    </AddOn.Component>
    <AddOn.Component>
        <Category>Texture</Category>
        <Path>texture</Path>
        <Type>WORLD</Type>
    </AddOn.Component>
    <AddOn.Component>
        <Category>Texture</Category>
        <Path>scripts\texture</Path>
        <Type>GLOBAL</Type>
    </AddOn.Component>
</SimBase.Document>

It seems the ground textures are not loading properly now. Why so much trouble with LOWW no other FT scenery does this.

ss (2018-02-15 at 01.36.45).jpg
ss (2018-02-15 at 01.36.45).jpg (356.55 KiB) Viewed 1182 times
 martin[flytampa] (Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:11 pm)

Thats most likely because the scenery isn't added correctly. See my post before this one, look at the add-on.xml and compare to the one i posted.