Board index » Legacy & Discontinued Products » FlyTampa-Seattle

george[flytampa] (Mon Aug 22, 2005 11:21 pm)

Site Admin | Posts: 3239 | Location: Southampton, UK
UltimateTerrain USA users experiencing bumpy taxiways can follow the instructions below to resolve the problem.

In the main FS menu, Select <SETTINGS>, <SCENERY LIBRARY>

Scroll down until you find a entry called "Seattle Aerial Photo"
Select the "move up" button repeatibly until the Seattle Aerial photo shows
above the entry for Ultimate Terrian _ USA.

Restart Flight Simlulator & the taxiways should be smooth.

Just a suggestion to everyone... a more robust solution (in terms of getting all of the aerial photos back, not just KSEA) would be to move Ultimate Terrain (both US and CAN if you have them) down until they are just below the list of aerial photos. This was brought up a while back in the UT forums when US:USA was released. It's really just a matter of reference though (moving UT:USA down or the aerial photo up).

Ruahrc
Last edited by Ruahrc on Tue Aug 23, 2005 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 george[flytampa] (Tue Aug 23, 2005 12:26 pm)

Yes that will work even better. Thanks Ruahrc

I read the suggestion to move all FT scenery's and aerial scenery's above UT/USA and UT/Canada in the scenery library. My question is "If you have the FSgenesis landclass files and the UTCity files which is above the UT/usa and UT/Canada, do you leave these as priority 1and 2, or do you put these below the FT sceneries and aerial scenery's? I guess what I'm asking is do the high res scenery's contain landclass files? :shock:

It is interesting that when I relayered the Seattle Photo layer abouve UT-USA in the scenery.cfg file I started getting CTDs when about 7nm out on approach to KSEA. The problem was very frustrating :( Then I noticed Ruahrc's suggestion to move UT-USA below all the "Photo" sceneries and "Voila!" CTDs are eliminated! Praise the Lord! I am greatful for that excellent tip!

Thanks again Ruahrc!

I don't think the aerial photos have landclass files. In my setup, I have the "landclass sandwich" above UT:USA but below the aerial photos.

I'm glad it worked out for you dminnay- unfortunately I seem to notice a little bit of bouncing with my setup. I will need to investigate further.

Ruahrc

I moved UT USA below all the aerial photo entries, but the bumps at the taxiways still remain.
 george[flytampa] (Sun Aug 28, 2005 3:52 pm)

do you get dust coming off the wheels?

I believe I get smoke equivalent to when I touch down on the runway.

My TMVL is at 21 (19m mesh), does this have anything to do with it?

Ruahrc
 george[flytampa] (Mon Aug 29, 2005 2:35 am)

No. you'll get the boucing with 19. It'll still happen even at default seattle. Those bumps are hardcoded in there :)

I am getting the same problem with all taxiways being bumpy and dirt coming off the back of the tires like I'm on a dirt road. I have moved my Ultimate Terrain entries to below all the arial photo entries and it has not helped. Do you have any other suggestions to correct this problem?

Thanks!
 george[flytampa] (Wed Aug 31, 2005 9:01 pm)

You did restart it?

& you have sea_flat.bgl?

I did restart it, and it appears that I do have that file in my scenery directory (I just bought it today). Just to test I disabled UT all together and I still have this issue, so it appears as though they are not related. Thank you for any help you can provide on this issue.
 george[flytampa] (Wed Aug 31, 2005 9:38 pm)

Seattle is at the top of your scenery database?

Do you get dust off the wheels on the runways or just the taxiways?