Board index » Legacy & Discontinued Products » FlyTampa-Seattle

When can we expect an update with the new runway?
 tbmavengerstuka (Mon Dec 15, 2008 1:27 am)

tenorboy wrote:When can we expect an update with the new runway?

when you make it i guess. let me know how it goes. Seriously though, I don't know if they will update it. i hope they do

tenorboy wrote:When can we expect an update with the new runway?

Based on the amount of work it would take to redo the ground textures I seriously doubt there will be an update. If I were George... I wouldn't do it. But I'm not George.

skydvdan wrote:If I were George... I wouldn't do it. But I'm not George.

And we are glad you are not George. Why not let him make that decision? Your comment there is rather counter productive, don't you think? MANY of us would LOVE to see that update, so please don't bash us for asking?

FlyTampa makes AWESOME scenery, and we'd love to see it even better, with the new runway and taxiways. Don't fault us for asking, and hoping for an update.
 george[flytampa] (Thu Dec 18, 2008 4:17 pm)

Site Admin | Posts: 3294 | Location: Southampton, UK
The new runway I don't have time to add right now. As Dan added, its a massive job to update the ground textures.

A ground update for the third rwy would require all four seasons & night textures to be repainted, new taxi signs, new 3d light units, new afcad, 3d grass strips, taxiway marking geometry, new trees & 3d terrain, flatten & terrain bgl hacks & some custom code I don't even remember how to do :)

Taxiway W I don't even see on the FAA DEC 2008 chart.

Sorry guys, I'm taking a break from FS for a while until it gets exciting again. FS11 hopefully.

Paul Heaney wrote:
skydvdan wrote:If I were George... I wouldn't do it. But I'm not George.

And we are glad you are not George. Why not let him make that decision? Your comment there is rather counter productive, don't you think? MANY of us would LOVE to see that update, so please don't bash us for asking?

FlyTampa makes AWESOME scenery, and we'd love to see it even better, with the new runway and taxiways. Don't fault us for asking, and hoping for an update.

First, your an idiot. I'm glad I'm not George as well so that I don't have to answer idiotic posts like yours. I gave you an honest answer that was not meant to be negative in any way, but to instead be realistic based on my own experience in scenery design. So you come back and mouth off to me? Who the hell do you think you are? How the hell is my comment counter productive? It's called reality pal you should try it sometime and stop crying when someone doesn't agree with you or is trying to explain the realistic side of things. The point of my post was to inform you that this isn't an easy job and you had to turn it into a pissing match. As for me bashing you... again, you're an idiot. This post that I'm writing now is the only bashing that I've dealt out in a long time. I faulted no one so quit reading into shit dumbass. George pretty much told you the same thing that I did in my original post so you must really feel stupid now. :evil:

*To the rest of the forum members: If it seems like I'm overreacting it's probably because the rocket attacks are starting to get to me. It's hard being here in Iraq knowing that I'm defending the rights of people like this guy to make retarded posts. :evil:

Wow, someone's got issues. Gulf War Stress Syndrome?

I'm really surprised that FlyTampa lets this assclown hang out here. Maybe he's special and needs to be loved, whatever, Hopefully some insurgent chucks a shoe at him.

As for defending my rights? THANKS! I'll keep making those posts, while you are over there. But, I'd rather you just pack it in, and go home, before I'd have you defend me. Its funny how your playing the "BOO HOO! I'm stuck in Iraq" crap, and you call me a crybaby? I have no reason to cry, I've got my comfy nice warm house over here, and I sleep great at night, no Rockets here.

It's nice to know that your using Uncle Sam's coin to make useless posts like that, rather than "defend your country" But your probably some IT guy over there, rather than a grunt anyways.

He he he, Snort. Oh...... Nosebleed. :twisted:

Paul Heaney wrote:Wow, someone's got issues. Gulf War Stress Syndrome?

I'm really surprised that FlyTampa lets this assclown hang out here. Maybe he's special and needs to be loved, whatever, Hopefully some insurgent chucks a shoe at him.

As for defending my rights? THANKS! I'll keep making those posts, while you are over there. But, I'd rather you just pack it in, and go home, before I'd have you defend me. Its funny how your playing the "BOO HOO! I'm stuck in Iraq" crap, and you call me a crybaby? I have no reason to cry, I've got my comfy nice warm house over here, and I sleep great at night, no Rockets here.

It's nice to know that your using Uncle Sam's coin to make useless posts like that, rather than "defend your country" But your probably some IT guy over there, rather than a grunt anyways.

You'd know all about assclowns wouldn't you since I'm sure you see one in the mirror everyday. You just keep making idiotic posts with no sense of how things work retard. I don't need anyone to "Boohoo" for me, thanks, I volunteered to serve my country... even for ingrates that have no appreciation for anything. As for using Uncle Sams coin... LOL, get a clue jackass. You obviously have no clue how things work over here so do yourself a favor and stop talking shit about things that you have no clue about. So this brings me back to the original post... it's nice to see that "I told you so" wasn't even needed. Straight from the developers mouth... I tried to warn you dumbass. :twisted:

Paul, now YOU'RE out of line.

How much time have you served in the military? How many friends have you lost over there in Iraq, or Afghanistan? (Or Korea, or in Vietnam, or in WW's I or II; I have no clue how old you are...)

You have a right to an opinion, but if you're insulting Dan as a member of the US Military, then you're insulting EVERYONE in the military, whether US, or Canada, or Britain, or France, or Australia, or anyone serving over there. And, regardless of how you feel about the current situation over there, if you don't support those who are tasked with serving their country, then you'd best move along lest you be branded the highest level of coward.

Those who have served, or have had friends and family who have served, or lost friends or family over there, know better.

So, to make it easy for you, let me just sum up by saying this... You're not impressing anyone. I have a feeling that, after what you've just said, you've lost all credibility on this board (even where it involves FS topics).
Last edited by bigdogshark62 on Fri Dec 19, 2008 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

First off, if you don't want to back the soldiers in Iraq, feel free to step in front. I am a vet myself, 1964-68, and although I did not go to the war zone, I give my utmost respect to those that did. I salute you Dan. Nobody likes war, but it's something that keeps our country what it is, FREE!!!!!
Now. Here is an alternative for the 3rd runway at KSEA.
Ksea08.zip, by Joe Bourgeois, at Avsim. It will do for now, actually, it's not too bad.
He also did an update, but when reading about it on the Avsim site, it mentioned building etc., and I don't care to mess with any of the airport buildings. They are as it is IRL.
Now go for it.
Happy Holidays to all. :D

Go to FUC**** HELL you son of a BI***. Dan, I'm sorry someone would say such horrible things to someone fighting for freedom.

Paul...you are the scum of the earth and you are so out of line. Try thinking about what it would feel like being thousands of miles from family, fellow soldiers (or yourself) under fire from people who would take their own life to take you down, and reading a message like what you just said.

To be honest, I hope you rot in hell.

Sounds like his tuque is to tight, eh.

Paul Heaney you really piss me off! Being a Veteran and unfortunate recipient of a Purple Heart makes me even angrier knowing that I literally took a round in the gut for assholes and cowards like you! And you have the gall to insult someone who is laying his life on the line, right now, so you can be free. Paul Heaney, a bullet between your eyes is too good for you! I’d like to fire an AGM straight up your ass! Rot in hell you bastard.

@ Dan,
Keep fighting the good fight, keep your head down and please wear your body armor. We want your happy ass back home in one piece! And thank you for serving! I salute you!
 tbmavengerstuka (Sat Dec 20, 2008 8:16 am)

Paul, you're a moron. So much so I'm not even going to say much. He's over there so YOU can say the kind of shit you said. the least you could do is stfu.

I'm in the USMC, and am waiting to go next fall. And its very motivating and inspirational to see all the support we get. Thanks everyone (except Paul, you're a douche :twisted: )