YSSY, great idea!

Flukey

Re: YSSY, great idea!

Post by Flukey » Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:58 pm

Further to this thread, and more to "IF" YSSY is chosen, guys, http://www.nearmap.com/ is probably the best up to date satellite Imagery available for Australia. Unfortunately now its no longer freeware and I'm unsure how much it costs to use.
John Tavendale

Post by John Tavendale » Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:19 pm

George, you'd make a LOT of us Aussies, and plenty of others VERY happy should you do Sydney.
Benncpp15

Post by Benncpp15 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:39 am

I'm pleased it not Seattle.

YSSY would be mega.
Flukey

Post by Flukey » Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:45 pm

In an unofficial poll over at FSdreamteam it looks like Sydney posted well for airports people would like to see done (away from Nth America), http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=7945.0

For me finding out that FSdramteam are no longer doing anything for FS9 and "at this stage" Flytampa are, please guys I hope you get in an announcement first :) :) :)
Geez Ive just realized how obsessed (and desperate) I am for YSSY to be done by a true developer. LOL

Here are some meaningless facts for FS9 and My Freeware YSSY scenery.......
Aussiex Downloads as of 30.02.13 - 13748 (and this keeps rising as I have tracked it for the last 6 months)
Avsim Downloads as of 30.02.13- 5964
(updates combined across avsim and aussiex - 9561)

So surely the numbers don't Lie and all my scenery is, is Gmax aerobridges, Hangers, Buildings and a few other things against the default terminal and standard FS Ground textures for the AF2 File.....
Last edited by Flukey on Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
swajc

Post by swajc » Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:11 am

YSSY is an excellent choice for the next one after the next one. I think you should strongly consider another US airport before your next international airport. The last US airport released by Fly Tampa was in early 2011 (Midway Rebooted) and that was a remake...not something "new." Since Midway Rebooted, Athens, Dubai, and Montreal have been released and now it seems Sydney is next on the list. By the time Syndey is released it will be well over two years since your last US airport. There are still some great destinations on the US map that have never been done and should bring back a decent return (Newark, Baltimore, Houston, Minneapolis, Salt Lake City, Dallas Love). Maybe these won't be good sellers...I don't know.

I will end by saying you guys do some excellent work and hope you keep at this for awhile. YSSY will probably bring you the best return so I understand the business end of the decision (if that's what you decide). I'm just not an international flyer (I don't have time for the long flights) and hope to see another Fly Tampa US airport soon.
Nzeddy

Post by Nzeddy » Sat Feb 02, 2013 4:54 pm

Wooooooooohoooooooooooo!
Flukey

Post by Flukey » Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:58 am

Since FS9 is still going ahead for at least one more airport, might as well put this thread back on the front page in hope :D :D
olli4740

Post by olli4740 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:17 am

george[flytampa] wrote:(...)
I'm currently focussing on a surprise airport. YSSY!
I'm not confirming it, but I haven't found any negatives as of yet.

So we have:
- some "older" australian intl. airports from ORBX such as YBBN, YMML and the like
- an upcoming new intl. airport from ORBX "neighbouring" Australia - NZAA
- an upcoming new intl. airport by Aerosoft (or by an affiliated developer respectively) - Adelaide

plus a FlyTampa YSSY

I'm perfectly fine with that:

I love those regions, I need some more intl. airports for my airliners and I like the "close" competition of three different developers - I'm absolutely sure that 2 out of those 3 developments (or even 3/3) will be great additions to our flightsim world!
Flukey

Post by Flukey » Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:53 am

olli4740 wrote:
george[flytampa] wrote:(...)
I'm currently focussing on a surprise airport. YSSY!
I'm not confirming it, but I haven't found any negatives as of yet.

So we have:
- some "older" australian intl. airports from ORBX such as YBBN, YMML and the like
- an upcoming new intl. airport from ORBX "neighbouring" Australia - NZAA
- an upcoming new intl. airport by Aerosoft (or by an affiliated developer respectively) - Adelaide

plus a FlyTampa YSSY

I'm perfectly fine with that:

I love those regions, I need some more intl. airports for my airliners and I like the "close" competition of three different developers - I'm absolutely sure that 2 out of those 3 developments (or even 3/3) will be great additions to our flightsim world!
As an avid FS9 user, it makes me Jealous to finally see an Auckland Intl airport being created but obviously for FSX only lol

Okay,
Flowers - Check
Chocolates - Check
Fancy Restaurant - Check
Now to get on both knees and Beg the wife to allow me to buy a new Gaming PC!!! LOL

My current Rig which Ive had for a long time is an-
i7 860 2.8ghz
8gig DDR
Graphics - ATI Radeon 5870

And unfortunately if I run FSX I have to run at the bare minimum to get anything decent where FS9 can be maxed out (and look better then how I run FSX) adding 3rd party weather, clouds, airports, water, terrain, sweetfx and using payware acft plus 100% Ai (and I have a lot). With FPS set at 30 she barely goes below 25 at places like FSDT KLAX or KJFK as an example due to the amount of Ai traffic.........

Some pics of what Ive been able to achieve with FS9, http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h262/ ... c701f1.jpg, http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h262/ ... 127709.jpg, http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h262/ ... b388f4.jpg....
olli4740

Post by olli4740 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:36 pm

I share your pain: Once I had to revert from FSX back to FS9 due to those OOMs with my old 32bit OS.

I even use FS9 these days, even though my new rig is pretty decent. (The Boeing 777s available for FSX yet are not quite that decent.)

So when driving my T7 over the sky in FS9 I simply need that VOZ 1.8 underneath. Painful as it is, those VOZ-people just "forgot" about including N.Z. as the "eastern territory of Australia"!

Cheers, Oliver

(Not yet an owner of a decent B777 for FSX.)