KRDU

Mike Meadows

KRDU

Post by Mike Meadows » Sun Jan 23, 2005 10:52 pm

I wish someone would make an KRDU, raleigh durham, i fly out of there all the time, and it is a cool airport with a overpass with planes goin over it and everything, does anyone know if someone is makin a rdu scenery, freeware or payware i just dont care i would pay the money for it 8) :D
Dillon

Post by Dillon » Sat Jan 29, 2005 2:35 am

KRDU would be awesome if done correctly..... :)

I'd take this one over KSEA.

Post by Guest » Sat Jan 29, 2005 7:53 pm

i know right, i want this scenery so bad
neilperrin

Post by neilperrin » Sat Feb 12, 2005 12:09 pm

Hey

If I might throw my 2 cents worth into this debate. I frequently use KRDU on my visits to the USA from the UK. I think it would be a wonderful project for Fly Tampa.

The red roofs of the terminal buildings and gate areas would make it a distinct FS airport. My concern however would be the marked difference in level between RWYs 05L/23R and 05R/23L. It might be difficult but a worthy challenge for a design outfit like Fly Tampa.

So let's hear some support for this busy and neat airport in the heart of North Carolina.
Dave Trantham

Post by Dave Trantham » Sat Feb 12, 2005 4:56 pm

I agree with everyone on this thread. I would love to see FT do KRDU! I would buy it as soon as it was available! I live near KRDU and use it a lot, real time and sims. It would be great. I hope someone with FT is reading these posts! :D
AA_173_HVY

Post by AA_173_HVY » Tue Feb 22, 2005 3:08 am

WORD!!!

I joined just so I could add my request for this airport as well. I Live near, Fly into/out of, shoot photos there all the time. Hey Neil, I don't fly Trip.7's in real life but I have jump-seated in AA173/174 on two occasions and I always do my planespotting/photography around 1500 local time so I can watch that flight land! PLEASE BUILD KRDU GUYS!!!!! :wink:
neilperrin

Post by neilperrin » Tue Feb 22, 2005 4:03 am

Yes..I may be shot down here but I'd guess the B777 used for that flight is about the biggest bird into KRDU...and I was surprised to see it gets towed onto stand (Gate 16 last time I was there).

For what's its worth, Ultimate Traffic simulates the arrival and departure of this flight very nicely..so if the weather's unkind and you need a fix of your favorite flight..go configure UT at KRDU and watch from your arm chair.
Dave Trantham

KRDU

Post by Dave Trantham » Fri Feb 25, 2005 4:08 pm

Very good discussion on this topic, KRDU. Seems a lot of folks would like to see FT do this one! Neil was talking about the AA 777 flying into KRDU. It is a sight to see and...it is the largest aircraft to use KRDU. My eldest son works at KRDU and he watches for it every day, coming in from Gatwick. My wife and I take our younger grandchildren out there for a picnic and viewing this big bird...(among all the others), and they love it.

As a flight simmer I fly in and out of KRDU a *lot*...and would love to see FT do this one!
neilperrin

Post by neilperrin » Sat Feb 26, 2005 3:46 am

Hi Dave

Well old buddy, be sure to be at KRDU on May 21 at about 4.15 pm when I'll be arriving next on that big silver bird. I'll be waving from Seat J14 so hope we land on 05L.
Dave Trantham

KRDU

Post by Dave Trantham » Sat Feb 26, 2005 8:43 am

Hi Neil. Yip, yip...I'll be looking for you on that great Silver Bird, winging it's way into KRDU! Everything seems to stop when this one comes in! <g>

See you soon!
neilperrin

Post by neilperrin » Sat Feb 26, 2005 10:58 am

Okay Dave

Opps just noticed I upgraded myself..it's J24...
deltamike172

Post by deltamike172 » Fri Apr 01, 2005 10:46 pm

I will agree with these guys that RDU is MUCH NEEDED. If not FT, someone! PLEASE!

DM