A new Simulator...

martin[flytampa]
Site Admin
Posts: 5202

Re: A new Simulator...

Post by martin[flytampa] » Sun Oct 24, 2010 4:02 pm

Silverbird wrote:I don't really get it how hard could it be to add shader's to the ground like fsdreamteam. or better textures.don't get me wrong I understand its about flying but I really think its important they get some better airport ground textures it just enhances the realism. it just drives me insane the default ones need work. so Martin or George I guess when they start beta after alpha maybe you can convince some programmer at the studio to make it easer for you guys.
Grenadines has shaders on the ground too. We can't use this at larger airports because of various reasons including: no seasonal textures, no AI-Aircraft shadows on the ground, needing custom runway lighting that doesn't come on in daytime-fog etc.
Silverbird
Posts: 105

Re: A new Simulator...

Post by Silverbird » Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:07 am

martin[flytampa] wrote:
Silverbird wrote:I don't really get it how hard could it be to add shader's to the ground like fsdreamteam. or better textures.don't get me wrong I understand its about flying but I really think its important they get some better airport ground textures it just enhances the realism. it just drives me insane the default ones need work. so Martin or George I guess when they start beta after alpha maybe you can convince some programmer at the studio to make it easer for you guys.
Grenadines has shaders on the ground too. We can't use this at larger airports because of various reasons including: no seasonal textures, no AI-Aircraft shadows on the ground, needing custom runway lighting that doesn't come on in daytime-fog etc.
Thank's Martin I had no idea that Grenadines had shader's thats really cool. I can see why you guys wont do it for larger stuff makes sense. well I at least I can still hope for ms making it easier for you guys to do airports.

hopefully they can add some stuff that was missing from fsx like alpha fade for autogen cloud shadow's maybe with some convincing way of doing it, without the huge fps impact. don't remember what else was missing from fsx that didn't make it. some people want the sloped runways but I don't see them doing that at all. I guess its a programing nightmare.
deltalpha
Posts: 78

Re: A new Simulator...

Post by deltalpha » Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:57 am

Looks too much like FSX! So much for a whole new sim... :|
MidgeyMidget2
Posts: 1235

Re: A new Simulator...

Post by MidgeyMidget2 » Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:01 pm

deltalpha wrote:Looks too much like FSX! So much for a whole new sim... :|
Honestly, what do you expect? No simulator will look amazing out of the box (they are covering the entire world after all...they can only do so much). It is all the addons we buy as enthusiasts that make it look great. All I care is that it doesn't have the out-of-the-box performance issues that FSX had. I've seen what FSX can now do and look like with the right addons so all I hope for is those performance issues not to be there and I'll be a happy camper.
deltalpha
Posts: 78

Re: A new Simulator...

Post by deltalpha » Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:23 pm

MidgeyMidget2 wrote:
deltalpha wrote:Looks too much like FSX! So much for a whole new sim... :|
Honestly, what do you expect? No simulator will look amazing out of the box (they are covering the entire world after all...they can only do so much). It is all the addons we buy as enthusiasts that make it look great. All I care is that it doesn't have the out-of-the-box performance issues that FSX had. I've seen what FSX can now do and look like with the right addons so all I hope for is those performance issues not to be there and I'll be a happy camper.
I understand what you mean, but I didn't expect it to look that much like FSX. I'm sure that will change as soon as we get some add-ons for it though.

Someone over at the Posky forums said this:
Maybe they are thinking FSX to Microsoft Flight as Windows Vista is to Windows 7
MidgeyMidget2
Posts: 1235

Re: A new Simulator...

Post by MidgeyMidget2 » Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:51 pm

And you have to remember, this is a very early preview video. I remember with the very first video that showed ABSOLUTELY NOTHING but was simply a marketing video there were people who were complaining. I guess you just can't please some people.
Acezboy
Posts: 204

Re: A new Simulator...

Post by Acezboy » Sun Nov 07, 2010 5:26 am

If you look closley the trees looked better than in FSX.
skydvdan
Posts: 2121

Re: A new Simulator...

Post by skydvdan » Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:32 am

Acezboy wrote:If you look closley the trees looked better than in FSX.
Yeah but that just means that they have higher resolution textures. They could do that in FSX. But maybe it'll be like the difference between Vista and Win7.
alainneedle1
Posts: 7

Re: A new Simulator...

Post by alainneedle1 » Fri Dec 31, 2010 3:00 pm

Flight is based on the same engine as FSX is....look carefully at the last vid. ....what do you see....sinking back wheel in the runway.....hummm were did you see that before....yeap FSX....look at the trees do they look oversized to you....FSX again.....when the plane is banking away from the airport pause the sim. (last vid.) and look at the the fuelling station....same as FSX...... :D

OK so what does that mean.....they are working on FSX bugs....do you think they will have the same bugs as FSX already have with a new engine.....NOP

A lot easier to works the bugs out then having to start from scratch with a nrew engine....I have to say the light effect and shadows look a lot better so what is it DX11?

As far as the clouds and sky...it does look better also ...REX overdrive on DX11??

Look at all the clue they left in their presentation and in their news letter .....so get your CC ready...you wanna play get online and pay....you wanna fly with decent scenery...go to the Flight online store and buy the scenery where you want to fly from MS.....was FS 2004 compatible with FSX.... :D .... so don't bet on FSX to be compatible with Flight....no money there for MS or the dev.

If somebody here think the dev. were not in the loop with MS from the beginning....well....I have 10 acres of lands for sale 25 miles west of Boca Raton....and of course they can't talk about Flight....they are not that stupid.

I know peoples from the inside (they can't tell me everything) but they told me that there is a big dev. sucking MS off trying to be the primary supplier of scenery......I just hope it's not "gonna" happen.....that will be a very sad day for all simmers.

So here is my prediction...years 2011...flight come out with DX11 and the bugs of FSX ironed out as much as possible on the same engine...years 2012 MAYBE a new rendering engine......
skydvdan
Posts: 2121

Re: A new Simulator...

Post by skydvdan » Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:00 pm

alainneedle1 wrote: ...big dev. sucking MS off trying to be the primary supplier of scenery......I just hope it's not "gonna" happen.....that will be a very sad day for all simmers.
If that part is true then my money would be on either Orbx or FSDT.
Acezboy
Posts: 204

Re: A new Simulator...

Post by Acezboy » Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:18 am

skydvdan wrote:
alainneedle1 wrote: ...big dev. sucking MS off trying to be the primary supplier of scenery......I just hope it's not "gonna" happen.....that will be a very sad day for all simmers.
If that part is true then my money would be on either Orbx or FSDT.
My moneys Orbx, you just need to look at their forum for it. They've already began research on what people want, and if they will upgrade or not.
alainneedle1
Posts: 7

Re: A new Simulator...

Post by alainneedle1 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:50 pm

OK! new prediction, FSX engine reworked for Flight, DX9...DX10 at best if they finish what they were working on before they closed Aces.....Flight online virtual world....pay as you go for the scenery or plane....X-plane start to look very good to me...
skydvdan
Posts: 2121

Re: A new Simulator...

Post by skydvdan » Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:05 am

alainneedle1 wrote:OK! new prediction, FSX engine reworked for Flight, DX9...DX10 at best if they finish what they were working on before they closed Aces.....Flight online virtual world....pay as you go for the scenery or plane....X-plane start to look very good to me...
No.
mikkelen
Posts: 65

Re: A new Simulator...

Post by mikkelen » Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:22 am

skydvdan wrote:
alainneedle1 wrote:OK! new prediction, FSX engine reworked for Flight, DX9...DX10 at best if they finish what they were working on before they closed Aces.....Flight online virtual world....pay as you go for the scenery or plane....X-plane start to look very good to me...
No.
Idiot.
Post Reply