Battle of the Airports

Which airport would you like to see made by FlyTampa?

Poll ended at Mon Sep 20, 2004 4:51 pm

Los Angeles - KLAX
13%
San Francisco - KSFO
8%
London Heathrow - EGLL
1%
St. Maarten - TNCM
5%
Sydney Kingsford Smith - YSSY
4%
Vienna Schwechat - LOWW
No votes
Stuttgart - EDDS
3%
Birmingham - EGBB
1%
Zurich Kloten - LSZH
65%

Total votes: 100
george[flytampa]
Site Admin

Battle of the Airports

Post by george[flytampa] » Sat Aug 21, 2004 4:51 pm

I'm just curious :wink:
Pilot3033

Post by Pilot3033 » Sun Aug 22, 2004 12:33 am

I voted LAX. An LAX with Fly Tampas level of detail and frame rate friendlyness would complete my life 8) :lol: :D :D I see that TNCM is doing well. I have to say, the defualt TNCM is enough for me. Not much really that can be added, except maybe some redon parking spaces a new runway, some airstais and some beef tot he surrounding area, as opposed to LAX which could use a completley new terminal building. The defualt ones do not justify the airport at all. The only good thing about the defualt, and the thing that makes Simflyers and Wilco suck, are the FAA offic/Control Tower and the Encounter Resturant in the center of the airport.
-Matt
Bodo Mueller

Post by Bodo Mueller » Sun Aug 22, 2004 4:10 am

I voted for LAX aswell. KLAX made by Flytampa is a must for the flightsim comunity :)

I also would like to see TNCM. :wink:
Jetstream

Post by Jetstream » Sun Aug 22, 2004 10:36 am

Hey,

I have to agree with Matt and Bodo. I voted for LAX too. Although, Simflyers rework their sceneries, they dont even come close to the quality of FlyTampa. Eventually I hope after completing the published list, FlyTampa takes it into consideration. Pay attention guys the poll alone indicates the big demand for this scenery!

Patrick
Tourniquet MX

Post by Tourniquet MX » Sun Aug 22, 2004 4:24 pm

My top 3:

1. KLAX
2. YSSY
3. EGLL

And where is EDDF? :wink:
Joseph29

Post by Joseph29 » Sun Aug 22, 2004 6:56 pm

I'm going put in a write in vote and say Montreal Dorval or Vancouver. There are not many good Canada sceneries out there. (PS: SFO is already on the list of airports to be made by Fly Tampa)

If you gys want a very good EDDS scenery get Aerosofts GAP1. And UK2000 makes a real good Heathrow Pro.
michel

Post by michel » Mon Aug 23, 2004 4:20 am

Joseph... I would also support Montreal Dorval (which now, by the way, is named Montreal Trudeau) and Vancouver... But, by the way, Vancouver is being worked on by SimFlyers... I just hope it'll be made quickly... I'm so impatient to fly in there! talkin' Canadian airports... Calgary would be great option as well...
Else, concerning St. Maarten, FlightSimBrasil has released one scenery pack with TNCM... It's not at the high FlyTampa Quality standards but it's a great option for people who like to fly to the west indies...

michel
Bodo Mueller

Post by Bodo Mueller » Mon Aug 23, 2004 12:13 pm

Else, concerning St. Maarten, FlightSimBrasil has released one scenery pack with TNCM... It's not at the high FlyTampa Quality standards but it's a great option for people who like to fly to the west indies...
If you talk about "Fly to Caribe Vol. 6" you can forget about it....have you seen the screenshots? There is no major improvement compared to the default scenery. I would use it as freeware but never spend money for it.
B777ER

Post by B777ER » Mon Aug 23, 2004 12:31 pm

But, by the way, Vancouver is being worked on by SimFlyers... I just hope it'll be made quickly

SF development time is 20 weeks for a ground up scenery, i.e., not one of there upgrade sceneries.
Last edited by B777ER on Mon Aug 23, 2004 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
B777ER

Post by B777ER » Mon Aug 23, 2004 12:43 pm

I would just like you guys to release the next project regardless of what it is :D

Now for that list:

KLAX- Simflyers version 2 due out shortly.

KFSO/TNCM- already on your to-do list. Would like to see SFO first!

EDDS- good payware version for FS9 already available on Aerosoft website done by GAP.

EGLL- Gary Summons already did Heathrow Pro...why even bother doing another one??

EGBB- Again, Gary Summons already has a version of this out for FS9.

LSZH/LOWW- FS9 verisons available already at Simarket.com

YSSY- good canidate.

What am I getting at? Do something that has not been done and that would appeal to a wide user base. The only two on that list that comes close IMO is KSFO and YSSY. Even what about KDEN or KDTW? Good Lord, those would be most welcome to the community!
Last edited by B777ER on Mon Aug 23, 2004 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bodo Mueller

Post by Bodo Mueller » Mon Aug 23, 2004 1:06 pm

KLAX- Simflyers version 2 due out shortly.
Well, I think that have been discussed to death already and so what? Simflyers KLAX V2 will not even come close to FlyTampa standards. Have you compard their KMCO V2 with the first version? I do not see any major difference and so you know how their second KLAX will look like..... :roll:
B777ER

Post by B777ER » Mon Aug 23, 2004 3:53 pm

Bodo,

Its all in the eyes of the beholder. I for one notice quite a few differences with MCO version 2 over version 1. The only thing discussed to death is your incessant complaining of how SF's version of LAX is not up to YOUR standards.
Pilot3033

Post by Pilot3033 » Mon Aug 23, 2004 9:42 pm

Let's put it this way: the v2's from simflyers are not really wortht he purchase price. And if they upgrade the same level of detail as they do for ATL and MCO, then it will not be worth it. The scenery can just be done better. FT's Miami would have blown SF's out of the water had they continued(which they not surpriseingly didn't). SF's are just too FPS heavy, with less detail. Take LAS or PHX for instance. Good detail, but WAYYYYYYY too frame rate heavy, even on my high end system(P4 3.0 2gigs ram ATI 9800 128mb vid card). Simply put, we all know FT can do a much better job at LAX then SF can.
-Matt
Pilot3033

Post by Pilot3033 » Tue Aug 24, 2004 5:49 pm

thought i would provide this link: http://www.simflyers.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=337
It explains what SF is doing to their LAX for an update. Mainly ground textures. They say that they do not want to do the buildings, which are the things that need the most upgradeing! FT has the upper hand on SF in almost every aspect! FT-LAX would be great, and would outsell SF's midlife update. The only place where SF has a small upper hand, is in Ground textures(look at the preview of MSP) but FT is right behind whedn you look at Dubai. Overall FT is better, and an FT LAX would ROCK!
Not to mention I live here in LA and can get some nice pics to work off of :)