A Win for FS Niners

flysiu

A Win for FS Niners

Post by flysiu » Sat Sep 01, 2007 3:50 pm

Well well well, seems the developers are beginning to realize FS9 isn't dead yet. PMDG did an about-face: MD11 and 737v2 will be FS9 as well. Excellent news.

-jlk
KingCat

Re: A Win for FS Niners

Post by KingCat » Wed Sep 05, 2007 3:31 am

flysiu wrote:...and 737v2 will be FS9 as well. Excellent news.

-jlk
It is not yet confirmed that the 737NG V2 will be released for FS9 as well. PMDG announced that they will release the new 737NG V2 for FS9 IF there's a market for it.

But I surely hope that they will release it for FS9.

Jon
WEAJHD

Post by WEAJHD » Wed Sep 05, 2007 9:02 am

Great news indeed! I'm surprised to see that PMDG have reached such a result from their market analysis when you take a look at cloud 9's page where every second word they write is "FSX" and how much more sales they have for FSX only products than FS9 :)
Ruahrc

Post by Ruahrc » Thu Sep 06, 2007 8:09 pm

Looks like they're trying to recapture the audience they lost with their previous 50% price hike. PMDG has lost a lot of favor with the community and it is sad to see because they used to be the de facto favorite.

Ruahrc
UPS523

Re: A Win for FS Niners

Post by UPS523 » Sat Sep 08, 2007 10:36 pm

KingCat wrote:
flysiu wrote:...and 737v2 will be FS9 as well. Excellent news.

-jlk
It is not yet confirmed that the 737NG V2 will be released for FS9 as well. PMDG announced that they will release the new 737NG V2 for FS9 IF there's a market for it.

But I surely hope that they will release it for FS9.

Jon
The PMDG 737 NG2.0 is now currently expected to be released as an FS9 and FSX compatible product, including many of the technologies that we have developed for the 747 and MD-11 product lines. This product will not arrive in 2007… I'm going to put some caution into this announcement to say that if the general trend for simmers is into FSX and away from FS9- we may choose to move this product forward also. It is FAR easier for us to develop on a single platform than it is for both- but given what we know of the release timeline- I am very comfortable saying that this will be a dual platform product.