Interesting stats comparing FS9/FSX uploads to Avsim

B777ER
Posts: 387

Interesting stats comparing FS9/FSX uploads to Avsim

Post by B777ER » Sat May 12, 2007 3:59 pm

Marco over at the Avsim forums posted these stats. Pretty telling if you ask me. The scenery increase can be directly attributed to all that Chile photrealistic stuff uploaded...so its not a true parameter .

Here are some stats:

files uploaded to AVSIM in the first 215 days from the releases of FS9 and FSX respectively:

___________________FS9______FSX____% var

Original aircrafts___352______110_____-69%
Repaints__________3604____535_____-85%
Afcad______________794______56_____-93%
AI aircraft__________504______17_____-97%
AI flight plans______199_______4_____-98%
Flight plans__________91_______4_____-96%
Gauges_____________23______19_____-17%
Helicopters__________52______14_____-73%
Missions___________N/A______30_____ N/A
Panels_____________196______20_____-90%
Scenery____________776____1096_____+41%
Scenery design______78______14_____-82%
Sounds______________44______16_____-64%
Utilities______________88______64_____-27%
Miscellaneous files__242______96_____-60%
paavo
Posts: 1612

Post by paavo » Sat May 12, 2007 6:08 pm

Now if we could just get cloud9 to read that, then maybe we could have AES for their stuff.
martin[flytampa]
Site Admin
Posts: 5199

Post by martin[flytampa] » Sat May 12, 2007 7:59 pm

The scenery stat is surprisingly in favor of FSX.

Scenery____________776____1096_____+41%

Good thing we don't develop for statistics but for the Sim we happen to use ourselves at this time.
george[flytampa]
Site Admin
Posts: 3518

Post by george[flytampa] » Sat May 12, 2007 8:23 pm

900 of those files are photo-real Chile :)
MidgeyMidget2
Posts: 1235

Post by MidgeyMidget2 » Sat May 12, 2007 9:42 pm

And remember, these are just uploads, not downloads.
Kofi
Posts: 30

Post by Kofi » Sat May 12, 2007 11:05 pm

Any similar stats for FS2002 & FS2004 (when FS2004 first came out?)
dandude22
Posts: 89

Post by dandude22 » Sat May 12, 2007 11:52 pm

george[flytampa] wrote:900 of those files are photo-real Chile :)
I found 848 files from that author for his mesh and photoreal Chile. So if we consider that 2 products we're down to 250 products, which if I'm correct is a -68% change.
martin[flytampa]
Site Admin
Posts: 5199

Post by martin[flytampa] » Sun May 13, 2007 12:10 am

dandude22 wrote:I found 848 files from that author for his mesh and photoreal Chile
Sounds like a quick and easy install.
paavo
Posts: 1612

Post by paavo » Sun May 13, 2007 12:20 am

martin[flytampa] wrote:
dandude22 wrote:I found 848 files from that author for his mesh and photoreal Chile
Sounds like a quick and easy install.
I thought 76 downloads for one rwy12 scenery was bad.
gunsontheroof
Posts: 409

Post by gunsontheroof » Sun May 13, 2007 2:00 am

martin[flytampa] wrote:The scenery stat is surprisingly in favor of FSX.

Scenery____________776____1096_____+41%

Good thing we don't develop for statistics but for the Sim we happen to use ourselves at this time.
It would be interesting to know how many of the sceneries developed for FSX already have good FS9 counterparts available. Nevertheless, I was surprised by that as well.
WEAJHD
Posts: 206

Post by WEAJHD » Mon May 14, 2007 10:16 am

paavo wrote:Now if we could just get cloud9 to read that, then maybe we could have AES for their stuff.
That is completely hopeless i'm afraid.. cloud9 lives in their own little bubble/disney land :|
B777ER
Posts: 387

Post by B777ER » Mon May 14, 2007 1:08 pm

Guys remember, 848 FSX scenery files are from one guy doing Chile mesh and photoreal Chile. As Dan stated above the correct number for scenery is a -68% change from FS9 to FSX
skydvdan
Posts: 2121

Post by skydvdan » Mon May 14, 2007 1:24 pm

All we need now is for a fanboy to chime-in to explain why we're wrong and why FSX is so much better.
WEAJHD
Posts: 206

Post by WEAJHD » Mon May 14, 2007 5:51 pm

skydvdan wrote:All we need now is for a fanboy to chime-in to explain why we're wrong and why FSX is so much better.
Don't worry, it's just a matter of time until that happens :)
Post Reply