Install path

Greg

Install path

Post by Greg » Tue May 07, 2019 8:27 am

Hi Martin

Wouldn't it be a better approach to let the customer to choose the indiviadual target install path in the universal installer during the install process rather than copy the installed directories after the Installation process from the default location to his desired location and having to adapt manually cmd-files to register the sceneries again?

Cheers
Greg

PS: A fully self contained Installation (no files at all in the sims standard directories) would be highly appreciated and should be quite easily achievable with the XML-method, at least for P3Dv4.
martin[flytampa]
Site Admin

Re: Install path

Post by martin[flytampa] » Tue May 07, 2019 8:56 am

There are additional considerations like all airports needing to be in the same folder structure for the configurator tool to work, which is why I choose not to give free directory selection with every airport install.
yvesamuel

Re: Install path

Post by yvesamuel » Sat May 11, 2019 7:48 pm

Just a suugestion : once FT directory is declared at the FT installing, you could write the path in the registry and then allwaus use this pats, as FSDT makes for their scenery.

I thionk this way everybody would be pleased, those who let you choose, and those, like me, ho want to install in another path.
I install FT in a directory d:\LM\Scenes where i put all my sceneries. SO I created a pah d:\LM\>Scenes\FT wher I have to copy all your sceneries to be able to use correctly FT utilities.

Regards
Yves