martin[flytampa]
Site Admin

Re: autogen probliem with new installers

Post by martin[flytampa] » Tue May 07, 2019 8:58 am

trisho0 wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 8:53 am
martin[flytampa] wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 3:08 pm
This has been fixed for quite a some time. If in doubt, reinstall the Libraries again from our download page.
Do you mean reinstall the Libraries and also to apply FlyTampa_Configurator_Libraries_P3D.exe as well?
Its the same thing, FlyTampa_Configurator_Libraries_P3D.exe is the Libraries Installer.
bradley27

Post by bradley27 » Tue May 07, 2019 1:36 pm

Hi Martin,

Sorry so i re-downloaded the librarys before i mailed yesterday and it seemed to make no difference?

Is there a particular process to do so?
martin[flytampa]
Site Admin

Post by martin[flytampa] » Tue May 07, 2019 2:26 pm

you should just browse to /Prepar3D v4/FlyTampa/Libraries/

Open the following file with Notepad or any Text editor (right click file, select open or edit):

add-on.xml

In the 5th line you will see:

Code: Select all

<!--
    <AddOn.Component>
        <Category>Autogen</Category>
        <Path>Autogen</Path>
    </AddOn.Component>
  -->

If that section has the <!-- at the beginning and --> at the end, you are good. The autogen issue must be caused by something else in that case.
bradley27

Post by bradley27 » Tue May 07, 2019 4:54 pm

Thanks Martin, yeah opened the XML and it appears just as you suggested it should so it must be something else.
trisho0

Post by trisho0 » Tue May 07, 2019 6:38 pm

I had to download the file, FlyTampa_Configurator_Libraries_P3D.exe to see the Autogen settings in add-on.xml so, now it is OK (before autogen was missing). Thanks for that Emilios.
bradley27

Post by bradley27 » Sat May 11, 2019 2:35 pm

trisho0 wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 6:38 pm
I had to download the file, FlyTampa_Configurator_Libraries_P3D.exe to see the Autogen settings in add-on.xml so, now it is OK (before autogen was missing). Thanks for that Emilios.
Okay let me understand, so you had a loss in trees in your sim, you downloaded the FT Config Libraries and then you installed it ontop of the already existing version? Then had alook in the XML to check if the entry was there?

Im asking cos i am out of all ideas. I have uninstalled the P3D client and reinstalled yet im still missing stuff. Its weird talking about it here cos it doesnt actually effect FT work its ORBX and UK2000 areas where i see it
trisho0

Post by trisho0 » Sat May 11, 2019 3:02 pm

Yes, that's what I did, downloaded the FlyTampa_Configurator_Libraries_P3D.exe fie and executed because the add-on.xml file didn't have such Autogen instructions and now it shows in there. I don't have ORBX and/or FTX. Based on the experience of many users here with ORBX and/or FTX problems I am not ready to purchase and play with that add-ons. So, now easy fly and no issues so far. Also, I had the P3D ver 4.4 and updated to ver 4.5 (Client, Content and Scenery).
bradley27

Post by bradley27 » Sat May 18, 2019 7:45 am

I removed Flytampa completely from my setup and then reinstalled with all the latest download versions from your downloads page.

I am strictly only using V4 ready airports from you guys and non of your hot fixed ones as they aren't actually v4 complied so i prefer to just wait for those to come as and when.

I have tried the editing out and back in of the XML and the default XML autogen file.

The issue still persists in my setup. I am on the latest hotfixed P3Dv.4.5. I am out of ideas to what maybe causing this issue at ORBX and UK2000 airports and as above it seems to just be a loss in trees to a noticeable percentage in patchy areas.
bradley27

Post by bradley27 » Sat May 18, 2019 7:46 am

karjo wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 2:56 am
Correct! First shot is with Libraries' add-ons.xml autogen section commented out, second is with it active!
Thank you again for your response!
Ioannis
Did you get this fixed? If so how?
fernandi

Post by fernandi » Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:33 am

excellent Information!