Universal installers

lucagigli
Posts: 8

Universal installers

Post by lucagigli » Fri Mar 01, 2019 4:43 am

Hello, I've a question. I've receveid some mails from Simmarket about updates of a Universal installer (I usa P3D4.4) for these sceneries: Vienna, Toronto, Boston and Corffu. I've seen in Flytampa forum that there are new Universal installer also for Montreal and St.Marteen, but I've not received mails from Simmarket about those updates.

Are there others new Universal installer for other sceneries that I haven't seen in the forum?
Can you prepare a list for all users of the currently updated sceneries with the new Universal installer, posting and sticking it in the top of the General discussion section, so anyone can check it?

Thank you

Luca
Brizer70
Posts: 4

Re: Universal installers

Post by Brizer70 » Fri Mar 01, 2019 6:11 am

No problem being informed by simMarket for two FT airports this morning.

Done and dusted.

Q.E.D.
lucagigli
Posts: 8

Re: Universal installers

Post by lucagigli » Fri Mar 01, 2019 6:20 am

Just receveid those two mails, but I think it could be nice to have a list about that :)

Luca
Brizer70
Posts: 4

Re: Universal installers

Post by Brizer70 » Fri Mar 01, 2019 6:23 am

Good idea. Agree.

Glad you received the simMarket notifications.
dpergau
Posts: 4

Re: Universal installers

Post by dpergau » Fri Mar 01, 2019 7:50 am

New installers? I definitely want to get those if possible!

Found them in their forums... thanks guys!

Dan
ron6468
Posts: 6

Re: Universal installers

Post by ron6468 » Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:27 am

The notes from Sim Market say to remove the old versions and install the new one. The Universal Installer is a small file used for several sceneries. How can it replace the sceneries already installed? What am I missing?
martin[flytampa]
Site Admin
Posts: 5052

Re: Universal installers

Post by martin[flytampa] » Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:48 am

Sorry about the confusion. I have no control over how these SM notifications are worded.

What we have is a single new Universal Installer:
http://www.flytampa.org/dwl/FlyTampa_Un ... _Setup.exe

This is the same 200Kb EXE file used to install various Airports in P3Dv4 only. It currently can be used to Install: CYYZ, CYUL, KBOS, LOWW, LGKR, TNCM, VHHX, all of which have been updated for P3D4.

To install several of these airports, you need to download this file only once. Run it, enter your serial for CYUL and install. Afterwards run it again and enter your KBOS serial, run it again and enter TNCM serial and so on.

Uninstalling previous versions isn't necessary in most cases, unless it was installed into a custom location/moved or the Library entry has a custom label/was added manually. Uninstalling previous versions usually just consists of deleting the Folder Prepar3D v4/FlyTampa/XXXXX/

For future updates, this same Universal Installer will be used. It always downloads the latest version automatically so it will make our (and your) lives easier for future updates.
LarsTheAviator
Posts: 10

Re: Universal installers

Post by LarsTheAviator » Fri Mar 01, 2019 3:00 pm

martin[flytampa] wrote:To install several of these airports, you need to download this file only once. Run it, enter your serial for CYUL and install. Afterwards run it again and enter your KBOS serial, run it again and enter TNCM serial and so on.
Hello Martin, this sounds like a great idea, however, what about the people (like myself) that have LOWW boxed and never used a email to install it. With the new universal installer an Email is required which I can not enter since I have never used my email to buy the copy in the first place.

Checked with Aerosoft, but they do not have the update separate.

Anything I can do about this?

Cheers,

Lars


^Disregard
hjmx
Posts: 34

Re: Universal installers

Post by hjmx » Fri Mar 01, 2019 3:17 pm

It would be very helpful if FT would summarize all update information at a prominent place. Currently it is a bit confusing and I don't know what to update. Usually I have look at the "Purchase" page but this is not always up-to-date.

"Scenery Title - Current Version Number - Publication Date" should be on top of each Scenery Sub-Forum. This would make live much easier.

I'd also appreciate if customers like me who purchase their scenery directly at FT could be informed about new updates via email.

Thanks for listening.
Regards, Harry
SimPat
Posts: 9

Re: Universal installers

Post by SimPat » Fri Mar 01, 2019 3:47 pm

I also was confused by SimMarket concerning this new universal updater for P3Dv4. I had to go hunting for this forum post that made this installation clearer. I have some question about the new Universal Installer.

1. Does this Installer use the scenery.cfg method directly into P3D or the .xml method outside of P3D?

2. Is Lorby Si advisable "after the fact", or after I've installed lots of scenery using .xml and scenery.cfg method.

3. I've used the .xml installation method for FlyTampa P3D airports in the past and had lots of issues with scenery/texture/effects/ etc,,, when it comes to making a proper .xml file.,,, I've read in this forum that the proper way is to install is using the internal P3Dv4 scenery.cfg method then move the FlyTampa Folder outside of P3D with a xml. Can you link me to a post with the correct procedure.

4. I just install FlyTamp LGAV using the scenerly.cfg method and noticed in the P3D scenery Library 3 Files
1. FlyTampa-Athens
2. FlyTampa-Libraries
3. FlyTampa-Athens_LC

Everything looks good, is this the correct files and order that the Scenery Library needs.

Sorry for so many run-on questions.
george[flytampa]
Site Admin
Posts: 3292

Re: Universal installers

Post by george[flytampa] » Fri Mar 01, 2019 4:51 pm

hjmx wrote:It would be very helpful if FT would summarize all update information at a prominent place. Currently it is a bit confusing and I don't know what to update. Usually I have look at the "Purchase" page but this is not always up-to-date.

"Scenery Title - Current Version Number - Publication Date" should be on top of each Scenery Sub-Forum. This would make live much easier.

I'd also appreciate if customers like me who purchase their scenery directly at FT could be informed about new updates via email.

Thanks for listening.
Regards, Harry
Once you enter an airport serial number into the installer, it does display the changelog for that particular airport.
I agree there should be more info. Most airport forum pages do have a version release post if its a significant update.
martin[flytampa]
Site Admin
Posts: 5052

Re: Universal installers

Post by martin[flytampa] » Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:18 pm

SimPat wrote: 1. Does this Installer use the scenery.cfg method directly into P3D or the .xml method outside of P3D?

2. Is Lorby Si advisable "after the fact", or after I've installed lots of scenery using .xml and scenery.cfg method.

3. I've used the .xml installation method for FlyTampa P3D airports in the past and had lots of issues with scenery/texture/effects/ etc,,, when it comes to making a proper .xml file.,,, I've read in this forum that the proper way is to install is using the internal P3Dv4 scenery.cfg method then move the FlyTampa Folder outside of P3D with a xml. Can you link me to a post with the correct procedure.

4. I just install FlyTamp LGAV using the scenerly.cfg method and noticed in the P3D scenery Library 3 Files
1. FlyTampa-Athens
2. FlyTampa-Libraries
3. FlyTampa-Athens_LC
1. Yes, the updates P3Dv4 versions each have their add-on.xml. They get intalled into Prepar3D v4/FlyTampa/ but you can easily move the whole FlyTampa folder elsewhere after installing. There are also batch scripts to re-add them after moving. Its explained in the new PDF docs that come with each airport.

2.Not sure.

3. None of the ones intsalled by the new Universal Installer use scenery.cfg. Only the remaining airports that haven't been updated yet, like EHAM, LGAB, OMDB still run the FSX style installation with scenery.cfg and require a update/patch for V4. Those airports will get updated as well, one at a time, some with considerable additions etc.

4. Yes, LGAV hasn't been updated so its using an old Installer (not new Universal), see point 3 above.
mcdonar
Posts: 36

Re: Universal installers

Post by mcdonar » Sat Mar 02, 2019 4:16 am

Hi Martin,
I fear that the announcement of the universal updater has been quite vague and messy.

When I download and execute FlyTampa_Universal_P3D_Setup.exe I receive the error message 'Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permission to access the item'.

I originally purchased CYYZ and KBOS from BMTMicro. On the occasions when I re-download from the BMTMicro site, I receive the message that my password has expired. So I have had to apply to BMTMicro for a fresh password.

Surely it would be easier all round for you to take on sole selling responsibilities.
z28
Posts: 10

Re: Universal installers

Post by z28 » Sat Mar 02, 2019 6:17 am

mcdonar wrote:Hi Martin,
I fear that the announcement of the universal updater has been quite vague and messy.

When I download and execute FlyTampa_Universal_P3D_Setup.exe I receive the error message 'Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permission to access the item'.

I originally purchased CYYZ and KBOS from BMTMicro. On the occasions when I re-download from the BMTMicro site, I receive the message that my password has expired. So I have had to apply to BMTMicro for a fresh password.

Surely it would be easier all round for you to take on sole selling responsibilities.
=====================================================
Right click on"FlyTampa_Universal_P3D_Setup.exe" then properties and check "unblock" click apply.
Now run as Administrator.
Post Reply