FlyTampa Atlanta...Finally!

CX 747-400

FlyTampa Atlanta...Finally!

Post by CX 747-400 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:57 pm

I am thrilled that a high quality scenery designer has decided to take on the busiest airport in the US.

Imaginesim version was good for FS9 and FSX, but it was never that great on FPS for P3D in my opinion.

I find it very funny that over on the Facebook page for Imaginesim, there fan club is raggin on FT for doing ATL, and even Imaginesim has said that this will not stop them from remaking ATL as they plan.

Thank you FT for stepping up and taking on the big airports. If we could only get you to remake Seattle and Miami. :D
B777ER

Re: FlyTampa Atlanta...Finally!

Post by B777ER » Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:08 pm

CX 747-400 wrote: I find it very funny that over on the Facebook page for Imaginesim, there fan club is raggin on FT for doing ATL, and even Imaginesim has said that this will not stop them from remaking ATL as they plan.
Let them. That's like saying Honda is going to keep making pick-up trucks. Nobody cares and hardly anyone buys them. FT is like a Ford F-150, looks great, rides great, lots of people want one and Ford sells a ton of them.

I do hope FT don't back down from making ATL because IS magically decided to post right after FT's announcement that they are redoing ATL again for the 3rd or 4th time. Hey here's an idea, do it right the first time.
garrettprs

Post by garrettprs » Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:27 pm

We probably shouldn't get into bashing another developer here on this forum but I have the other KATL and as an Atlantan, it's not very good.

The other developer also stated they weren't going to model the 5th runway / I-285 underpass (speaking of lazy-ass developers). I dare anyone to drive through it and not go "holy sh!t!" As of right now, it's the US' only civil airport to have a runway above an interstate...

But anyway, here's to hoping FT will model that (I do totally recognize it could be a pain and wreak havoc depending on the installed mesh and mesh settings).

Also, Delta SkyClub / Deck at F (International)? Avatar Guy loves crushing drinks up there before his flight (and no! you don't have to be flying internationally to get to F).
BoazDK

Post by BoazDK » Wed Jul 26, 2017 1:48 pm

Performance is one thing, but what Flytampa does that very few others can do, is the level of detail and the quality of their textures!

Flytampa makes airports so well, that they capture the very atmosphere of the airport!
CX 747-400

Post by CX 747-400 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:42 pm

Great, FT should stop making Atlanta immediately. We do not need a drunk Avatar guy. :P
CSTT-KLAS

Post by CSTT-KLAS » Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:17 pm

Good news I will finally replace imagin sim !!
KVSmith72

Post by KVSmith72 » Sat Aug 05, 2017 9:03 am

Me also being a fellow Atlantan, Imaginesim did okay with KATL, but I-285 underpass was not done any justice. I hope FT also includes the numerous hotels and warehouses surrounding the airport and even throw in downtown Atlanta. Also the Delta Heritage museum and the 757 and Boeing 747 on display there
tangjuice81

Post by tangjuice81 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:09 am

My one issue with ...sim is the fps hit. Otherwise it's not a bad looking airport. But FT looks better and will have better fps. But I agree they should stop chasing their tails when it comes to doing their airports.