Prepar3DV4 Compatibility

jsbl242

Re: Prepar3DV4 Compatibility Updates

Post by jsbl242 » Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:51 am

Hey Martin,
Thanks for the hard work you guys have done to try give use these sceneries as quickly as possible. I have 3 Issues for you that I have noticed and really I have just left them alone until you guys do P3dV4 installers so here they are. If you have a immediate fix for these problem I would appreciate it alot.
1) KTPA- I cant be at Tampa no longer than 10 seconds before it freezes and you have to terminate P3d there after.
2)CYUL- Same problem as the first. It loads up correctly but give it couple seconds as well and it freezes up.
3)VHHX- Lastly this one honestly doesn't look like anything is wrong with it. Except there is 3 Large skyscrapers in the middle of the tarmac. As well there are a few buildings in the water off the coastline. I'm not sure if its a scenery problem or autogen issue but these are the issues I have. Everything else followed your instructions to the letter and it's all working fine.

Cheers,

Ryan
asboyd

Post by asboyd » Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:45 pm

Hi, Problem with P3Dv4 and low res walls and no safegate is fixed. I had P3Dv3 installed when I ran the YSSY 1.2 installer. Even though I pointed the installer to the new P3Dv4 directory it did not install to that directory....

Wierd as I am sure I installed the patch files correctly from the zip... However Flytampa directory was not longer in P3Dv4 when I rechecked today.
I have reinstalled and patched after removing P3Dv3 and now all is good.

Thanks for the great scenery and updates.

Alex B
martin[flytampa]
Site Admin

Post by martin[flytampa] » Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:17 pm

jsbl242 wrote:Hey Martin,
Thanks for the hard work you guys have done to try give use these sceneries as quickly as possible. I have 3 Issues for you that I have noticed and really I have just left them alone until you guys do P3dV4 installers so here they are. If you have a immediate fix for these problem I would appreciate it alot.
1) KTPA- I cant be at Tampa no longer than 10 seconds before it freezes and you have to terminate P3d there after.
2)CYUL- Same problem as the first. It loads up correctly but give it couple seconds as well and it freezes up.
3)VHHX- Lastly this one honestly doesn't look like anything is wrong with it. Except there is 3 Large skyscrapers in the middle of the tarmac. As well there are a few buildings in the water off the coastline. I'm not sure if its a scenery problem or autogen issue but these are the issues I have. Everything else followed your instructions to the letter and it's all working fine.

Cheers,

Ryan
I cannot replicate any of these probems. Can you post a screenshot of VHHX and these extra buildings please.
f.skywalker

Post by f.skywalker » Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:09 am

Hallo FlyTampa Team,

i have the same Problem in LOWW with daytime crashing and when i fly 2 miles from the Airport
my p3d V4 crashes. all other FlyTampa Sceneries are working for me.

Thanks

Frank from EDDM
jsbl242

Post by jsbl242 » Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:37 am

On the ramp
On the ramp
kiatak.jpg (562.2 KiB) Viewed 6077 times
martin[flytampa] wrote:
jsbl242 wrote:Hey Martin,

Cheers,

Ryan
On the ramp
On the ramp
kiatak.jpg (562.2 KiB) Viewed 6077 times
I cannot replicate any of these probems. Can you post a screenshot of VHHX and these extra buildings please.
Ok Martin,
Here are the shots from Kai tak
Attachments
Off shore
Off shore
kaitak2.jpg (505.66 KiB) Viewed 6077 times
kiatak1.jpg
kiatak1.jpg (557.55 KiB) Viewed 6077 times
martin[flytampa]
Site Admin

Post by martin[flytampa] » Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:29 pm

You sure there isn't another HongKong Addon on your system? Those don't like like Autogen to me.
Berike

Post by Berike » Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:13 am

Why all the question about native installers are being ignored?

At least say, NEVER or We don't have any idea, but answer something...
hjmx

Post by hjmx » Fri Jun 09, 2017 2:17 pm

ahuimanu wrote:I've had to reinstall p3d v4 twice now due to the old installers mishandling the UTF-16 encoding in some of the config files. I think V4 installers will be needed.
I had the same problem when I tried to install YSSY. During the install process somehow the scenery.cfg got corrupted. Only content which remained were 2 FT entries. Copied them, deleted the P3Dv4 scenery.cfg and and let p3d rebuild it via repair option. Then I pasted the FT entries into the scenery.cfg, activated them via P3D menu and followed the compatibility procedures which were given with the YSSY v4 update.

YSSY works now in all its beauty ... But, I will probably wait with the installation of all my other FT products until native installers will be available.

Harry
hawx2k

Post by hawx2k » Fri Jun 09, 2017 3:11 pm

Berike wrote:Why all the question about native installers are being ignored?

At least say, NEVER or We don't have any idea, but answer something...
Your answer is on page one of this very thread:
martin[flytampa] wrote:
mohammedkaafar wrote:great job, but are you going to update the installers as well?
At some point yes, but probably not anytime soon.
Besides, a friendlier tone would also probably help in getting an answer :).
martin[flytampa]
Site Admin

Post by martin[flytampa] » Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:26 pm

hjmx wrote:
ahuimanu wrote:I've had to reinstall p3d v4 twice now due to the old installers mishandling the UTF-16 encoding in some of the config files. I think V4 installers will be needed.
I had the same problem when I tried to install YSSY. During the install process somehow the scenery.cfg got corrupted. Only content which remained were 2 FT entries. Copied them, deleted the P3Dv4 scenery.cfg and and let p3d rebuild it via repair option. Then I pasted the FT entries into the scenery.cfg, activated them via P3D menu and followed the compatibility procedures which were given with the YSSY v4 update.

YSSY works now in all its beauty ... But, I will probably wait with the installation of all my other FT products until native installers will be available.

Harry
All our current installers (the ones updated 2 years ago) have been using LM's method recommended since P3Dv3
http://www.prepar3d.com/SDKv2/LearningC ... tions.html

So the installer for CYYZ for example will add itself by executing:
Prepar3D.exe -Configure: File=Scenery, Operation=Add, Path=$\FlyTampa\Toronto, Title=FlyTampa-Toronto, Required=False, Active=True

There should be no UTF encoding issues as far as the scenery.cfg and this method goes. We are basically relying on P3D itself to add the Library entries, not editing the scenery.cfg ourselves.

Since I am the one who will be recompiling the V4 installers later on I can also assure everybody that there won't be some magic code that makes it more "native". It will be a matter of adding/replacing the BGLs from the patches and adding 1 line of code to the installer detection to spare you the trouble of browsing for the V4 directory manually...

current code
ReadRegStr $INSTDIR HKLM "SOFTWARE\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3" "SetupPath"

new code will add
ReadRegStr $INSTDIR HKLM "SOFTWARE\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4" "SetupPath"

If users wish to wait for these native installers that is fine, I just wanted to use the opportunity to point out that there won't be a difference between installing the current + patch or native later on. It is of course recommended to re-apply patches that are marked as "re-uploaded" on the first page of this thread.
chucknado

Post by chucknado » Sat Jun 10, 2017 12:20 am

Anybody else running into issues with missing runway and apron textures for CYUL after installing v 1.4 in P3D v4 and running the patch? Everything else looks fantastic, day and night, except for the Minecraft-ish brown runways and aprons. :)

Amsterdam and Toronto re-installs were successful and look great.

Thanks.
Charles
ALT326

Post by ALT326 » Sat Jun 10, 2017 9:31 am

That problem is caused by a faulty instruction. You must install the patch in P3D v4/Flytampa/Montreal. I also discovered that you must turn of the AES in the configurator or else P3D will crash
chucknado

Post by chucknado » Sat Jun 10, 2017 1:03 pm

@ALT326 Thanks, that worked. The CYUL patch is unzipping the Scenery and Textures folders into the FlyTampa root folder instead of the FlyTampa/Montreal folder. Deleted the folders and reinstalled and unzipped the patch in the correct folder. Unchecked the AES options in the configurator to fix the crash on load issue. All good now.
ps1flyer

Post by ps1flyer » Sat Jun 10, 2017 2:12 pm

martin[flytampa] wrote:You sure there isn't another HongKong Addon on your system? Those don't like like Autogen to me.
Hi all,

I just notice I have the same buildings on my apron - even when Flytampa Kai Tak is not active.
I have a fairly clean P3D V4 installation (only FsDreamteam sceneries and PMDG aircraft) - and the FTX Global Base Pack for v4. Maybe ORBX Global is putting the building there?

Hope this helps,

Markus

Edit / p.s.
I think, there are even more autogen buildings and skyscrapers in Kowloon and on Victoria Island... e.g. below the IGS13 approach path...