Prepar3DV4 Compatibility

Ferbis1021

Re: Prepar3DV4 Compatibility Updates

Post by Ferbis1021 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:07 pm

jsbl242 wrote:Hey Martin,
Thanks for the hard work you guys have done to try give use these sceneries as quickly as possible. I have 3 Issues for you that I have noticed and really I have just left them alone until you guys do P3dV4 installers so here they are. If you have a immediate fix for these problem I would appreciate it alot.
1) KTPA- I cant be at Tampa no longer than 10 seconds before it freezes and you have to terminate P3d there after.
2)CYUL- Same problem as the first. It loads up correctly but give it couple seconds as well and it freezes up.
3)VHHX- Lastly this one honestly doesn't look like anything is wrong with it. Except there is 3 Large skyscrapers in the middle of the tarmac. As well there are a few buildings in the water off the coastline. I'm not sure if its a scenery problem or autogen issue but these are the issues I have. Everything else followed your instructions to the letter and it's all working fine.

Cheers,

Ryan

Ryan,

By any chance, do you have FTX Global installed into your v4? I was having the same problem as your were describing, and was racking my brain trying to figure out where these extra buildings were coming from (the exact same you are describing on the tarmac, and on the approach path coming in from the harbor). After hours of "tinkering" I found a file in (here's the difficult part... I'm not at home and can't give you the exact file name) the 0903(?) folder, inside the main Scenery folder in v4 install location. I believe the file name began with "ORBX", and was somewhere in the neighborhood of around 60MB in size. For trail and error purposes, try renaming that file to *.off, and restart the sim until you can isolate the file. I can confirm that after disabling only ONE file inside of that folder, all of the overlapping buildings in Kowloon Bay had disappeared. I did not, however, do any testing to see if said file eliminated any buildings from over by Chek Lap Kok. In a few hours, I will be home and can get you the exact file name. Really hope that shines a bit of light on your problem. Good luck, and happy simming.

Regards,
Ferbis1021

Edit: So, now that I've returned home I can confirm that file name is "OBX78240.BGL", and is 60.4MB. Rename that to OBX78240.BGL.OFF, reload your sim, and see if that gets you anything. Good luck!
hawx2k

Post by hawx2k » Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:11 am

I asked this twice before :): can we expect another update to LOWW that fixes the crashes at night?

Thanks,

Jan
martin[flytampa]
Site Admin

Post by martin[flytampa] » Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:23 am

hawx2k wrote:I asked this twice before :): can we expect another update to LOWW that fixes the crashes at night?

Thanks,

Jan

I haven't figured out why it crashes at night and not on all systems, it won't crash on mine and some other testers i'm in contact with. So unless I do figure it out the solution will ultimately just be that there won't be a 3d grass option at all, it will just be removed and therefore not crash.... which is basically the same as disabling the grass now.
hawx2k

Post by hawx2k » Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:31 am

Thanks Martin. If helpful, I'm available to trouble shoot / do a teamviewer session.
hjmx

Post by hjmx » Sun Jun 18, 2017 6:45 am

YSSY/FTX AU seem to give some real texture mess. But I cannot find any YSSY files in ORBX folder which could be deactivated.

Edit: I disabled FT YSSY LC entry in the scenery.cfg . This seems to cure it. Obviously the ORBX FTX AU LC is good enough ...

Harry
jsbl242

Post by jsbl242 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 3:14 pm

Ryan,

By any chance, do you have FTX Global installed into your v4? I was having the same problem as your were describing, and was racking my brain trying to figure out where these extra buildings were coming from (the exact same you are describing on the tarmac, and on the approach path coming in from the harbor). After hours of "tinkering" I found a file in (here's the difficult part... I'm not at home and can't give you the exact file name) the 0903(?) folder, inside the main Scenery folder in v4 install location. I believe the file name began with "ORBX", and was somewhere in the neighborhood of around 60MB in size. For trail and error purposes, try renaming that file to *.off, and restart the sim until you can isolate the file. I can confirm that after disabling only ONE file inside of that folder, all of the overlapping buildings in Kowloon Bay had disappeared. I did not, however, do any testing to see if said file eliminated any buildings from over by Chek Lap Kok. In a few hours, I will be home and can get you the exact file name. Really hope that shines a bit of light on your problem. Good luck, and happy simming.

Regards,
Ferbis1021

Edit: So, now that I've returned home I can confirm that file name is "OBX78240.BGL", and is 60.4MB. Rename that to OBX78240.BGL.OFF, reload your sim, and see if that gets you anything. Good luck!

This absolutely did the trick! I figured it was some overlap and i couldnt find it in the Orbx folder. I would have never found this out if it wasn't for you. Thanks a million

Regards
Ryan
Kilstorm_McBride

Post by Kilstorm_McBride » Sun Jun 18, 2017 4:06 pm

FT, your products are going to be around for a very long time, since you are planning on working on native installers, please do as LM ask and have the scenery install outside of the main sim for the v4 installers. It will help reduce the worry of messing things up as new versions of v4 are released and once you create that type of installer, will make it easier on you for future installers I would feel.

I'm waiting on FlyInside to be released for v4 before making the move over so I am holding off on all addons as there might be some patches or new versions of v4 released before they have their product up and running.
atco

Post by atco » Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:26 pm

I'm still having all sorts of issues with autogen exclusions at Toronto and Montreal, They appeared to be fixed, but that was only the one time sadly. The strange thing is they are not consistent.
I have re-installed countless number of times, installed into vanilla P3D V4, tried everything but I keep getting these exclusions appearing and it's driving me absolutely nuts.
Here at Montreal, the houses East of the airport are back and displaying normally but now there is this small exclusion to the South of the airport:
FT_Autogen_CYUL.jpg
FT_Autogen_CYUL.jpg (1.2 MiB) Viewed 4651 times
At Toronto, the exclusion to the West of the airport is still there:
FT_Autogen_CYYZ2.jpg
FT_Autogen_CYYZ2.jpg (1.5 MiB) Viewed 4651 times
And there is a new one now to the East of the airport as well:
FT_Autogen_CYYZ1.jpg
FT_Autogen_CYYZ1.jpg (849.9 KiB) Viewed 4651 times
I've installed exactly as per the instructions, added the files from the patch, disabled the relevant files. I've moved up and down the scenery library, I've disabled all other addons, tried everything but I can't get rid of these excluded areas. Is anyone else seeing the same thing, and please can anyone help me get rid of these immersion killing flat, desolate areas?
Thank you kindly
Garry

PS: Installed in P3D V3 and all displays properly, no exclusions
george[flytampa]
Site Admin

Post by george[flytampa] » Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:51 pm

atco wrote:I'm still having all sorts of issues with autogen exclusions at Toronto and Montreal, They appeared to be fixed, but that was only the one time sadly. The strange thing is they are not consistent.
I have re-installed countless number of times, installed into vanilla P3D V4, tried everything but I keep getting these exclusions appearing and it's driving me absolutely nuts.
Here at Montreal, the houses East of the airport are back and displaying normally but now there is this small exclusion to the South of the airport:

I've installed exactly as per the instructions, added the files from the patch, disabled the relevant files. I've moved up and down the scenery library, I've disabled all other addons, tried everything but I can't get rid of these excluded areas. Is anyone else seeing the same thing, and please can anyone help me get rid of these immersion killing flat, desolate areas?
Thank you kindly
Garry

PS: Installed in P3D V3 and all displays properly, no exclusions

I've seen it too. We are not sure why it happens yet. Toggling the airport in the scenery library fixes it temporarily.
atco

Post by atco » Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:55 pm

Ah OK, thanks George that means it's not just my system. In that case sit back and wait as I'm sure you guys at some point will be able to get it figured out.
Thanks for letting me know I'm not going mad :)
george[flytampa]
Site Admin

Post by george[flytampa] » Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:57 pm

atco wrote:Ah OK, thanks George that means it's not just my system. In that case sit back and wait as I'm sure you guys at some point will be able to get it figured out.
Thanks for letting me know I'm not going mad :)

Give the attached files a go & see if they fix Montreal. Positive results my end.
Toronto fixes are on the way unless we find some side effects.
Attachments
AgnFix_CYUL.zip
(616.57 KiB) Downloaded 166 times
atco

Post by atco » Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:56 pm

Hi George,

Strangely no those files have made no difference for me.

Martin kindly sent the YYZ files earlier to test and I'm happy to report they worked perfectly, no side effects at all on my system.
No change sadly at YUL, still an exclusion at the South end and one I forgot to mention at the North end.
george[flytampa]
Site Admin

Post by george[flytampa] » Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:08 am

atco wrote:Hi George,

Strangely no those files have made no difference for me.

Martin kindly sent the YYZ files earlier to test and I'm happy to report they worked perfectly, no side effects at all on my system.
No change sadly at YUL, still an exclusion at the South end and one I forgot to mention at the North end.

Okay try downloading files again. I've updated them. Let me know if you have any luck please.
Kurt Bartsch

Post by Kurt Bartsch » Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:43 am

Could someone please tell me why do i not have this option in the configurator
-Run the FlyTampa-Config-Tool and make sure to select "North-East winds" under Copenhagen Airport operations.