Board index » FlyTampa » General Discussion

Is there no way to install FlyTampa into C:\Program Files (x86)\Add On Manager? I can only get it to install in the P3D v4 program itself. Thanks.
 martin[flytampa] (Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:07 pm)

Site Admin | Posts: 5135 | Location: Tampa/FL
During installation you have to select the P3Dv4 folder, it will then install into P3Dv4/FlyTampa/
After installing, you can move that folder elsewhere if you want, as long as you also know how to change the Scenery Library to point to the new location.

martin[flytampa] wrote:During installation you have to select the P3Dv4 folder, it will then install into P3Dv4/FlyTampa/
After installing, you can move that folder elsewhere if you want, as long as you also know how to change the Scenery Library to point to the new location.

Does that mean I can completely uninstall P3D, when a newer version is released, install P3D say v4.3 or v4.4 and then just add FlyTampa line to add-ons.cfg without say Amsterdam reinstall?

Thanks.
 martin[flytampa] (Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:05 pm)

Site Admin | Posts: 5135 | Location: Tampa/FL
Sabre wrote:
martin[flytampa] wrote:During installation you have to select the P3Dv4 folder, it will then install into P3Dv4/FlyTampa/

Does that mean I can completely uninstall P3D, when a newer version is released, install P3D say v4.3 or v4.4 and then just add FlyTampa line to add-ons.cfg without say Amsterdam reinstall?

Thanks.

Yes, you can do that even if the FlyTampa folder is left inside the P3D directory because the P3D uninstall does not delete any files that aren't part of stock P3D. Meaning if you have a bunch of Addons installed and then uninstall P3D, whatever is left in the P3D folder, came from Addons.